Ruger accessories for the Mini-14/30s

Discussion in 'Ruger Mini 14' started by Fundy, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Fundy

Fundy New Member

If this is an old topic, I apologize. I have had a beef with Ruger for some time - and even talked on the phone with their President and COO, Christopher Killoy, who previously served as Vice President of Sales and Marketing (who by the way very nice, but offered no new plans.)

It seems you can't throw a rock in the bushes without hitting a Ruger vendor or distributor who isn't producing numerous aftermarket accessories for Ruger revolvers, AR rifles, and bolt rifles, but especially the 10/22. Yet there is very little produced for the Mini series, except a couple of small, niche vendors (I'm thinking primarily about Accuracy Systems here).

The Mini-14 - in spite of its detractors - remains a very versatile rifle for a number of interests and is tactically preferred by many over the AR/AK platform due to its simplicity.

Am I barking at the wind or does anyone else feel the way I do?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. richr

richr Member

I prefer the Mini over the AR and AK and I agree with you somewhat. However, with the ATI stock or similar tactical stock, I can't think of any AR accessories that I wouldn't be able to add to my Mini 14 if I had the urge. The exception may be that, from what I've read, there's may be only one reliable aftermarket magazine. I personally only have (3) 20 rnd. Ruger mags and don't think I would take the chance on an aftermarket mag. Actually, now that I think about it, a drop-in precise trigger group might be nice. I know that I can work on mine or send it out for under $100 though.

3. Fundy

Fundy New Member

Oh, and while I'm barking . . . why won't Ruger produce a decent M1A or Garand-type rear sight for the Mini? The aperature sight on stock models is almost worthless.