Ruger 9e

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by rjmurrayjr, Jul 6, 2014.

1. rjmurrayjr

rjmurrayjr New Member

Looks like RUGER has introduced a new full sized 9mm to their website. Similar to the SR-9 but lacking some features. The Ruger 9e

2. Range

Range New Member

Looks like a nice pistol. Same capacity as the SR9 and the same length barrel. I wonder what the E model lacks. Does it have a magazine disconnect, metal sights, etc. The price is great and may actually be more desirable to some, especially considering the lower price.

3. rjmurrayjr

rjmurrayjr New Member

It lacks chambered bullet indicator, different sights, comes with 1 magazine only and a cardboard box instead of hard case

4. tburchett

tburchett New Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1418374689.771700.jpg

I bought my 9E about a month ago I've put about 300 rounds through it. It is now my favorite hand gun. Very accurate & hardly no recoil the trigger is perfect. I like that it does not have the loaded chamber indicator it does have a window that you can see if it is loaded or not. Perfect gun at any price.

5. Outlaw72

Outlaw72 New Member

My 9E is GREAT. Accurate , love the mag capacity, the balance is perfect, and couldn't beat the price. I recommend it to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  6. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Good looking guns......

7. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

From the picture it looks like the grip is longer and it doesn't have the spacer the SR9C has.....That spacer is the one thing I don't like about my SR9C. I installed a set screw to hold it firm but the pistol in the pic has a cleaner look.

looks like another "gotta have" coming up.......;)

How many rounds does it hold?

8. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

It is a less expensive version of the "full size" SR9. All of the mags & holsters will fit the SR9/SR9e, maybe some other things as well.

9. tburchett

tburchett New Member

It comes with a 17 round mag. I bought an extra mag. for $35.

10. tburchett

tburchett New Member

The mag that comes with it has SR9 stamped on it.

11. Range

Range New Member

I'm wondering how good the trigger is, if it's the same trigger as the SR9. When the SR9 first came out the trigger was not as good as the SR9c. That's one of the reasons I bought the 9c which I absolutely love. I know the SR9's trigger has been improved. I'm just curious about the SR9e. I think this gun would be a great companion to the 9c, especially as a home defense weapon.

12. tburchett

tburchett New Member

The 9E trigger is awesome. I've shot the SR9 & the 9E is a lot more crisp & no play in it. I have also bought a new SR40c & the trigger on it feels the exact same as the 9E. Ruger may have improved the triggers on the newer guns the SR9 I shot was older & I didn't care for that trigger to much.

13. Outlaw72

Outlaw72 New Member

I got the 9E back in July. I've never been more comfortable with a hand gun.

14. Outlaw72

Outlaw72 New Member

Accurate , low recoil, and the price was great.

15. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

I have a 9E mm and really like it,I brought the New Year in with it one mag. of 17 rounds. PS.and I didn't have a misfire.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  16. tburchett

tburchett New Member