Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like RUGER has introduced a new full sized 9mm to their website. Similar to the SR-9 but lacking some features. The Ruger 9e

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like a nice pistol. Same capacity as the SR9 and the same length barrel. I wonder what the E model lacks. Does it have a magazine disconnect, metal sights, etc. The price is great and may actually be more desirable to some, especially considering the lower price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It lacks chambered bullet indicator, different sights, comes with 1 magazine only and a cardboard box instead of hard case

·
Registered
10 Posts
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1418374689.771700.jpg

I bought my 9E about a month ago I've put about 300 rounds through it. It is now my favorite hand gun. Very accurate & hardly no recoil the trigger is perfect. I like that it does not have the loaded chamber indicator it does have a window that you can see if it is loaded or not. Perfect gun at any price.

Attachments

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Good looking guns......

·
Registered
147 Posts
From the picture it looks like the grip is longer and it doesn't have the spacer the SR9C has.....That spacer is the one thing I don't like about my SR9C. I installed a set screw to hold it firm but the pistol in the pic has a cleaner look.

looks like another "gotta have" coming up.......;)

How many rounds does it hold?

·
Registered
182 Posts
It is a less expensive version of the "full size" SR9. All of the mags & holsters will fit the SR9/SR9e, maybe some other things as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm wondering how good the trigger is, if it's the same trigger as the SR9. When the SR9 first came out the trigger was not as good as the SR9c. That's one of the reasons I bought the 9c which I absolutely love. I know the SR9's trigger has been improved. I'm just curious about the SR9e. I think this gun would be a great companion to the 9c, especially as a home defense weapon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 9E trigger is awesome. I've shot the SR9 & the 9E is a lot more crisp & no play in it. I have also bought a new SR40c & the trigger on it feels the exact same as the 9E. Ruger may have improved the triggers on the newer guns the SR9 I shot was older & I didn't care for that trigger to much.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I have a 9E mm and really like it,I brought the New Year in with it one mag. of 17 rounds. PS.and I didn't have a misfire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts