Ruger 9e trigger reset malfunction after trigger job

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by John77, Jan 28, 2017.

1. John77

John77 New Member

Ultimate Trigger Reset Bar and new springs from Galloway Precision were installed. Pistol shoots the first round no problems. If you pull and rapidly release the trigger resets. However if you pull the trigger and hold it to the rear as the slide cycles and then you release the trigger it doesn't reset the trigger. It moves about 1/2 way for the reset and sticks. If you apply a small push to rear of the trigger or the striker that's just slightly poking out the rear of the slide; the trigger will reset.

Weapon is clean and properly lubed. I did a full disassemble and it all looks proper (to me). I'm not a gunsmith but I am a Glock certified armor.

I had thought the striker and plunger felt dirty; they were clean. I also did a function check with the magazine disconnect removed and the same negative trigger reset occurs.

Next step is to remove the Galloway "smooth it" spring kit and do a function check using the ghost trigger bar with stock springs.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

My tip is to check with Galloway. You may have committed a common assembly error.

3. John77

John77 New Member

Source of the malfunction was the Galloway spring on the drop safety. It just wasn't strong enough to reset the trigger on the last little bit of movement. I'm guessing a 1/4 of a pound to weak. Replaced it with the stock Ruger spring and the gun checks out for function check.