Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Ruger 57, (2021) Redhawk .44 mag, EC9s, Ruger .44mag carbine, .Single six .22Mag (1963, first Ruger,
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my rear sight with the HIVIZ sight, I normally use a boresight after replacing sights, but, I don't have one for the 57
I always keep a laser boresight for each caliber I have. I have a universal boresighter that I keep for my unscoped rifles, but
don't like it for the pistols. My purpose of this post is to find a laser boresight for the 57. I have searched all manufacturers I can think of, plus Ebay, Amazon etc. If anyone has found one or knows of where to locate one please post your reply. I just recently purchased the Max9, shoots perfect right out of the box, no sight adjustments.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use a universal one on mine. It has several little rubber tips that screw on the end and twist to fit. It's old and only works half the time. I have to fidget with it just to make it work at times lol. But it does the job. It fits into the end of the bore and shines the beam out. But it's the only kind I've seen that works in a 5.7mm

·
Registered
Ruger 57, (2021) Redhawk .44 mag, EC9s, Ruger .44mag carbine, .Single six .22Mag (1963, first Ruger,
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a universal one on mine. It has several little rubber tips that screw on the end and twist to fit. It's old and only works half the time. I have to fidget with it just to make it work at times lol. But it does the job. It fits into the end of the bore and shines the beam out. But it's the only kind I've seen that works in a 5.7mm
I have one, but, it doesn't fit as well as a boresighter

·
Registered
24 Posts
I need to recheck mine in a couple hours anyways. And when I do I'll post a photo of me doing so with mine just to make sure we're on the same page. Perhaps either you lost.. or they didn't sell you a certain adapter u need. It's the same one I think used with 22 barrels. Basically the same size. And when inserted and twisted it fits perfectly on mine. Just woke up so gimme a few and I'll show ya. And I know it works well because I have a super souped up Ruger 57. It's got the CSM MP-57 carbine chasis on it. And I can stretch out its shots pretty long and accurately. Can ring headsets on steel silhouettes about 75ft with zero effort. And can even fit a flip to side magnifier on it also. So I can take it out a good bit further just haven't yet cause I been busy with a family emergency

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to recheck mine in a couple hours anyways. And when I do I'll post a photo of me doing so with mine just to make sure we're on the same page. Perhaps either you lost.. or they didn't sell you a certain adapter u need. It's the same one I think used with 22 barrels. Basically the same size. And when inserted and twisted it fits perfectly on mine. Just woke up so gimme a few and I'll show ya. And I know it works well because I have a super souped up Ruger 57. It's got the CSM MP-57 carbine chasis on it. And I can stretch out its shots pretty long and accurately. Can ring headsets on steel silhouettes about 75ft with zero effort. And can even fit a flip to side magnifier on it also. So I can take it out a good bit further just haven't yet cause I been busy with a family emergency
TRhanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
In the meantime.. I had an idea to fix yours if you're missing the 22 piece adapter. U can simply use no adapter and evenly wrap some scotch tape around the end till u get a tight fit. So long as you do it evenly it should work

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's a few pics as promised. But if we have the same universal laser.. then use the smallest available rubber thingy. Then tighten it to snug the fit a bit. And it works pretty good. Best way to double check if it's correct tho especially if u use the tape trick I mentioned above.. is to sight it in to the laser. Then slowly twist the laser and keep checking to see if your sight lines up to it. Then you'll know it centered well. If the dot wobbles. Either sight it in to the center of the wobble.. or tape it again till its centered better. And I apologize in advance for the ugly background in photos lol. Was too lazy to find a proper white sheet or something lol. Good luck bud

·
Registered
24 Posts
And BTW I misspoke above. It's not the smallest adapter in my kit. The smallest is a 17 caliber end. And that's for like bb guns etc. The 220 one is the one u want. It's the second size up in my kit. And I'll attach two photos with measurements on them showing the size scales of the two. The larger one in the photo shows the size u need. When uncompressed tho it wiggles around a bit. But when twisted about three times it snugs up perfectly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's your question tho basically asked and answered where the 5.7 gurus live at. And they have a few videos posted in this chat showing several different ways to skin the 5.7mm laser cat . The magnetic one showed in second video looks very cool. Never seen it before. Made by wheeler I think. But I like how highly visible it's laser is and it's a green beam. Therefore you can sight any gun in very quickly even during a bright sunny day at the range. I'm going to have to price that rascal and own one soon. The other methods look good too but aren't universal. Hope all this helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You I will give it a try again

·
Registered
141 Posts
I put a HOLOSUN 509T circle/dot sight on my "57" and love it. Great for 100 to 150 yard shots where the circle 6 o'clock ia the aiming point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Put a Sig romeo 4s on mine. Mines in carbine form tho. Figured the drop reticle provided could allow differtial aim points depending on range and bullet weight.. ammo been so scarce tho and pricey for it all I've ran is American eagle tho. And seems to work great. Have some lead free FN that's half the weight nearly. So they may fly different. Just too cheap to shoot em until I'm setup to reload them or price and accessibility changes lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm so happy that I bought over 1,000 FN 5.7 rounds long before the pandemic/ammo shortage. But with the PS90 one can blow through 50 rounds in no time. Gotta "pace" myself until ammo prices get back to reality.

As for "red dot" sights, I will never again buy a simple red dot, only a circle dot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts