Ruger .45 Colt Blackhawk

Discussion in 'Ruger Photos' started by LawMan255, Sep 17, 2017.

1. LawMan255

LawMan255 New Member

Just thought I'd share some pics of my baby.
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1505684454.343864.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1505684472.925293.jpg

Fireman22 likes this.
  2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Yeah. Attractive grips.

4. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Great gun and a John Wayne holster, fantastic.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Thanks a fine lookin' hogleg pardner...

Here are some of my shootin' irons...

.357 MAGNUM
    [​IMG]
    .45 COLT

[​IMG]

.44 MAGNUM
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

LawMan your rig looks like it is set up for cross draw. Different but very cool look. Anyone ever notice Chief Gilespy on Heat of the Night carries holstered cross draw?

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Naw, Buster, the buckle is in back, so the cartridges are easier to get at.

8. regur45

regur45 New Member

That's a sweet Colt Blackhawk!

9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

VT so you mean that holster belt is like a bra? Had to have been a woman thought that one up just to get even with the men. Why is I feel listening to you on this I feel something tugging on my pant leg?

10. LawMan255

LawMan255 New Member

Thanks guys. The holster is a cross draw. I find it more comfortable while on foot, in a vehicle or on horseback.
    On top of that, if my rifle is slung then I don't clank the two together while going through the woods.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  11. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

On one of the old westerns Gaby Hayes wears his gun belt with the bullets in the front. When in the Arizona Rangers I also wore mine like that so if needed I could get to the ammo quickly.

12. 773PPVM

773PPVM New Member

Although I don't own one, I've shot my friend's Blackhawks and I am a great admirer. The only single action I currently have in .45 Colt is a U.S. Firearms (now out of business) Custer Battlefield Gun, which is an exact replica of the Colt Model P of 1873 with all its features and flaws. The Blackhawk (and Vaquero) uses the same concept, but stronger and more reliable with much better sights. Yours is very sweet looking!

13. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah. Your slung rifle dredged a memory from that decrepit organ that used to be my brain. When I 'still-hunted' through the woods hoping to come upon something edible to kill, I sometimes carried my rifle slung muzzle down from my left shoulder. A quick, simple set of motions brought the rifle around and butted at my right shoulder, with the sling in position on the left arm. My friends were not impressed with this innovation, because it 'didn't look right'. Even pointing out that the muzzle down carry lessened the possibility of getting crap in the muzzle didn't sway them.

As you surely have noticed, Lawman, genius is not always appreciated.

:cool:

14. LawMan255

LawMan255 New Member

Lol. Oh ye of little faith.
    My reference was more along the lines of making it to my tree stand or blind without waking the dead.
    Don't worry about the naysayers, brother.
    If it works, it works.
    Screw em'. Lol.

15. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  16. C. D. Bates

C. D. Bates Member

I love my cross draw holster, more comfortable while driving, on horseback, or walking and it's faster to draw.
    Cowboy shooting, double rig is with a cross draw and a right-hand holster.

I started out with a typical double rig. After 2 weeks of practicing with the left hand holster, i decided to a cross draw. Having mever used one or talked to anybody with one. I loved it.

My first cowboy shoot, 2 years ago, I had the only cross draw rig; out of 26 shooters. Last month, I hadn't thought about, but happened to notice and count; 24 shooters, 18 cross draws.

17. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Fine looking leather!

18. armbruse

armbruse Member

Nice.
    Shop around for ammo, I've noticed 50 rounds can very in price.

19. paulruger

paulruger Active Member