Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the supposed Ruger revolver with two barrels and a cylinder That holds three 357 and three 22lr stagered.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Not I, when was it made?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Been playing the Ruger game for close to 3 decades and this is the first I'd heard of such a thing. A single cylinder requiring the changing of barrels seems very unlikely and awkward for when it's actually needed. Additionally, what happens when the the person forgets to change the barrel and fire a .22 in the .357 cal bbl or vise versa? Change the barrel every other shot? Yeah, REALLY don't think so.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I'm thinking the barrels are both mounted, one above the other, as are the chambers in the cylinder. The hammer need not be modified much if any, but the transfer bar might be.

This sounds like a gun I wouldn't want to own, but would like to examine. Betcha it's a vicious rumor, intended to make Ruger a laughingstock. ;)

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
In a revolver that isn't about to happen. That's like paying Russian roulette with a semi auto.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have seen .22 chamber inserts made to shoot .22 in a larger caliber revolver. I saw a .455 Webley converted as such yesterday. Much like inserts to shoot 20 or 410 gauge shotgun shells in a 12 gauge.

People try all sorts of things, but I can't imagine anything like that coming out of the Ruger factory, and I would not recommend it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts