Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
22/45 5.5 in. bull barrel l

have had since 96. have not shot it much last few years.n will be shooting it more now days . it is an acccurate good shooter !

have one operational question . yes , i do have the owners manual , but is burried in a closet with hoards of other gun equipment .... probably take me an one half day to find it , so i simplified the matter by getting on this forum .
when chambering a round with the gun empty , inserting a full mag with the bolt forward , pull bolt back and let fly to charge gun & begin shooting . ( safety can be on or off to accomplish this ) the bolt will lock open when last round is fired . NOW the question from this point on ............ with the bolt locked open , insert a fresh loader mag .
the bolt hold open button must be depressed & slide pulled to rear & let fly . ( again , the safety can be on or off ) AND ..... one can not simply depress the bolt hold open button & the bolt will go forward ( like a 1911 type gun ) is this how the bolt operates when shooting in normal procedure/firing the gun ? !
like i said , i have the procedure questions because of lack of being familiar with the operating procedure from just not using the gun .
i very much like this gun & just wanted to be sure all is working properly !
thanks !

· Registered
147 Posts
22/45 5.5 in. bull barrel l

have had since 96. have not shot it much last few years.n will be shooting it more now days . it is an acccurate good shooter !

have one operational question . yes , i do have the owners manual , but is burried in a closet with hoards of other gun equipment .... probably take me an one half day to find it , so i simplified the matter by getting on this forum .
when chambering a round with the gun empty , inserting a full mag with the bolt forward , pull bolt back and let fly to charge gun & begin shooting . ( safety can be on or off to accomplish this ) the bolt will lock open when last round is fired . NOW the question from this point on ............ with the bolt locked open , insert a fresh loader mag .
the bolt hold open button must be depressed & slide pulled to rear & let fly . ( again , the safety can be on or off ) AND ..... one can not simply depress the bolt hold open button & the bolt will go forward ( like a 1911 type gun ) is this how the bolt operates when shooting in normal procedure/firing the gun ? !
like i said , i have the procedure questions because of lack of being familiar with the operating procedure from just not using the gun .
i very much like this gun & just wanted to be sure all is working properly !
thanks !
Yes, the firearm is working as intended IMHO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts