Ruger 22/45 lite with picatinny rail and laser

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by DonReed22, Mar 4, 2013.

1. DonReed22

DonReed22 New Member

Hey guys picked this gun up acouple weeks ago and since I can't stop tinkering with it so since I've got it I put a hogue grip fiber optic front sight a Burris fastfire III and then I decided I wanted to put a laser on it but I couldn't find anywhere that anyone had done it so I decided to figure out how to put a 2" ati picatinny rail under my barrel on my own and I think what I have now is a sweet custom setup that wasn't expensive or very hard to do so check it out and feel free to let me know what you think

I can re-upload the video in HD if the resolution sucks but I need to get to a wifi hotspot to upload videos in HD

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UelBV4ubynI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

2. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Nice tutorial. Looks like an easy mod, at least on that version, and a nice way to cover up the lawyer crap. The new black fluted model doesn't have that flat spot to work with.

3. DonReed22

DonReed22 New Member

Yeah that was a added perk for sure plus I didn't really care for the looks of the flat spot but with the rail on there I think it looks sweet even without a laser

4. GerryM

GerryM New Member

Looks good, if I ever get mine, ordered 3 weeks ago, may look into doing that.

Assume you like the Burris fastfire III sight

5. DonReed22

DonReed22 New Member

I have never been a big fan of red dot sights but I have to say after reading a lot of reviews I decided to order it and I couldn't be happier I love the Burris fastfire III

6. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Great mod......looks great......

7. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Very profesional looking mod!

8. DonReed22

DonReed22 New Member

Thanks guys I thought it turned out awesome and just figured some of you may want to do it as well and if so I can give a more in depth description If you need it but really there wasn't anything to tricky to it

9. DonReed22

DonReed22 New Member

Here is a pic for those who can't watch the video or don't feel like it

[​IMG]

10. ccryder

ccryder New Member Lifetime Supporter

Great mod. I've got the Kaserlyte V3 on a number if my pistoles and have been very pleased. It's much small than the one you installed.
    Neil S.