Ruger 2019 wish list

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by greg_r, Dec 24, 2018.

1. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Still wish that Ruger would scale down the action of the American Ranch Rifle. It’s about 1/2" too long.

Chamber the Ranch Rifle for the 6.5 Grendel. Maybe stretch the barrel to 18"

Chamber the Ranch Rifle for the 357 and 44 Magnum

And I am still waiting for the American Shotgun. Pump would be fine, but I am starting to lean heavily to the O/U.

2. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I'd like to see a SBH with a 4 3/4 barrel with a square backed trigger guard and case hardened frame!

3. quirky

quirky Active Member

A few years back before this new CEO I did tell the CEO on their web site asking about a 'Presidential' model to compete with the S&W Governor and Taurus Judge. Spelled it all out for him what would set thiers apart. Suffice to say I'm not holding my breath.

None of these gun manufacturers want to spend money on new tooling. Ruger I hate to say it is as bad as Glock. Even the PC Carbine is not new, it's a rehash with minor changes that cost nothing to do.
    With their revolvers all they do is a rechamber for a different caliber.

I got the Ruger I wanted with the EC9s I'm going one more gun and that's it unless one breaks and I'm going Big with either the Remington Tac-14 12 gauge or the Mossberg Shockwave 12 gauge.

Been working out the calculations on recoil ft. lbs. trying to keep it no higher than my .357 mag LCR was. Then I should be able to it handle as I could shoot the LCR one handed and with these 12 gauge firearms I'd be using two hands.

Bottom line don't hope to long, if you find something you like even if it's from another manufacture go for it.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    armbruse likes this.
  4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

No new tooling at Ruger... WHAT?

You may not have been watching what Ruger has been up to for the last 8~10 years, or noticed all of the new guns they've introduced in that time.
    (It ain't like introducing a new dish soap you know).
    Some people (like me) complain Ruger is putting out new stuff too soon, in turn causing QC to suffer.

I still want a Ruger lever action rifle in .357 mag. Don't see that happening though, most everything seems to be going tactical these days.

greg_r likes this.
  5. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

You just made me add to my witch list.
    87A5A511-072B-4E9E-ADC0-ECB33F5D3E02.jpeg
    Bring back the 96 and chamber it in 357.......96/357.......suddenly I don’t want the American Ranch in 357 Magnum as much!