Ruger 10/22 Trigger

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by Chris4165, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Chris4165

Chris4165 New Member

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  2. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Have a 6 or 7 different ones here. Kidd is about the best you can get. That said. It's not necessarily the best choice for every application. There's times it's simply WAY more than what is really warranted.

rugertoter likes this.

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I got a friend that uses one of the Volquartsen drop in trigger on his 10/22......loves it....

4. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

I put the Volquartsen Target Hammer in my 10-22, and it dropped the pull to about 2 3/4 lbs. Now a good trigger!

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  5. I replaced my Factory trigger with the BX TRIGGER on one of my 10/22 rifles it has a crisp clean break at 2.5 pounds on the average the cost was 45 bucks on a half-price sale. Are you going to waste almost 300 bucks on a KIDD Trigger when you can have a 2.5-pound trigger pull for less the Kidd trigger costs more than the 10/22 Rifle itself? My Stock Ruger rifle stock trigger and barrel 31 dollars 4x32 scope at 50 yards rapid fire. 11 shots center target. fine tune1022 center target  11 shot group.jpg

My Factory stock off the shelf Ruger 10 /22 with cheap 31 dollar scope you don't need to spend almost 300 bucks on a trigger to make it shoot well they already do.
    thumbnail_20200817_071151 (1).jpg

6. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Ever think about a Franklin Binary?

7. waste of money

8. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

9. YEP, it's just waste all the way around! I guess some people who have money to burn.

10. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Why the hell are you worried about what others do? From your posts, it looks like you have enough to worry about yourself, with budget constraints.
    Just 'cause the only way you can afford to go is the "CHEAP" route, doesn't mean all others should follow your errant lead. I sure as hell won't:
    [​IMG]
    The above rifle will out-shoot that piece of crap and cheap sight combination you have, any day, any time, at 50 to 75 yards.

nickndfl likes this.
  11. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

I only have two 10/22's, and both just have the standard factory triggers, but neither are set up for any kind of bench rest or serious target work.

What you said makes sense on the Kidd triggers. No use spending tons of money on a high-end trigger, if your going to use the rifle as I do, informal plinking.

12. I don't worry at all. Nice rifle for a 10 /22! LOL LOL thin-skinned gunsmith.
    $229 for a 10/22 Rifle.
    $350 for a trigger.
    $500 for a receiver and bolt
    $375 for a barrel
    $175 for a scope mount
    $850 for a scope
    $375 for a stock
    Spending $3,229.00 on a Ruger 10 /22
    to make it accurate, and sitting next to a guy with his $229 bone stock 10/22 a $31 scope & a $45 bx trigger (NOW $65.00 ) at the bench next to you shooting groups just as tight as you at 50 & 100 yards. PRICELESS somethings money can't buy.[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  13. The Kidd trigger cost more than the whole 10 /22 Rifle but you can buy a BX Trigger $65 and do as well as the Kidd Trigger $290. Just showing a cost-effective way to make the bone stock Ruger 10 / 22 shoot as well as the GUY who spent close to 3 grand on a 10 /22 LOL LOL! If I wanted a bench rest .22 Rifle I would buy a 22 rifle made for bench rest shooting
    The Ruger 10 / 22 was made Small Game hunting & Plinking it was not made for Bench rest shooting.If I was going to put 3 grand in a .22 I would buy an ANSCH√úTZ 1907.

14. SGW Gunsmith

You're delirious, and full of it on those prices. You're foolish if you think for one second that YOU can make a Ruger 10/22 with a factory barrel shoot within 2% of how a KIDD barrel will perform. 10 to 1 it's FUBAR when you're done. Post some pictures.
    Here's a quote from your initial post: "cost was 45 bucks on a half-price sale". Even at $65.00, or it's actual worth, $10.00. That plastic piece of crap is junk. I've tested several of those BX triggers, and, any 10/22, or Challenger owner is better off just getting a better sear and hammer for their guns.
    Computer ink is cheap Francis, show us the honest groups you shoot at 50 yards with your plastic trigger enhanced rifle. Maybe a little thin skinned here, but not a "thick skull" like you, using inflated prices to try and prove your feeble point. $850.00 for a scope & $175.00 for a scope mount? Tells a lot about your character.
    On your pension, I doubt you can afford a Marlin Model 60, let alone an Anschutz. :p

I've worked on, and modified, more Ruger 10/22 rifles and Challenger pistols than you've seen in your entire life, so I, and I'll bet many others, ain't buyin' what you're shovelin' :

[​IMG]

BTW, for those interested, Gunbroker has 10/22 receivers only, for around $60.00. I've gotten several and they only have slight "blems" hardly noticeable.

15. SGW Gunsmith

I have, but if some think they are a "waste of money", I wonder why those for the Ruger 10/22 and Challenger are currently out-of-stock? Maybe it is a waste of money for those who have none, but it seems the device is quite popular.

I did set one customers FACTORY trigger up with this gizmo:

[​IMG]

He says it's a good way to get rid of some of the cheap Winchester and Remington .22 Thunderbolt rimfire he bought by mistake, when he gets lucky and they all go off.

16. SGW Gunsmith

Really? You got that just using the VC hammer? Normally, or at least what I've found, the target sear & the target hammer is needed for that pull weight. Good for you, you saved some $$$.

17. SGW Gunsmith

Have you seen the you-tube video of a couple of clowns using BX 25 magazines and shooting nothing but tracers at dusk, with their 10/22's and Binary triggers? Good grief, I couldn't figure out WHY they didn't start a grass fire.

18. GOT YA!:D

19. :rolleyes:

20. :rolleyes: