Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a very good condition 10/22 Sporter finger grove walnut stock, can someone tell me if Ruger ever reproduced these or is this an original?

I'll post pics later

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pics:

Reactions: rugertoter

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tincan, Ruger actually made the finger groove sporter and even made one with checkering. If I'm not mistaken they were produced between 1966 and 1971. You rarely run across them and do bring a premium especially the checkered ones. They were reproduced aftermarket and the ones I've seen were not of the same quality, too me that appears to be an original. Nice find, beautiful little stock you have there.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so if this is an original, what is it worth?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not really sure, the replacements I've seen sold for around $130. I'd say around $275 to $300, you don't see them for sale that often.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Very true, not many found for sale, at least that I've seen also. Maybe check the auction sites like Gunbroker to see what a sample sold for recently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tincan, Ruger actually made the finger groove sporter and even made one with checkering. If I'm not mistaken they were produced between 1966 and 1971. You rarely run across them and do bring a premium especially the checkered ones. They were reproduced aftermarket and the ones I've seen were not of the same quality, too me that appears to be an original. Nice find, beautiful little stock you have there.
I'm not sure about the actual production dates, but I do own two rifles that are original finger groove sporters:
110-586XX mfg. in 1970 and 110-163XX mfg. in 1969
Try finding a 10/22 serial that falls between those years of production and slap it in and be happy about it !

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well, you can certainly tell that it's been a while since that one was produced. They sure don't put those sort of embellishments on their stocks anymore.

Nice find! :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice find........what are your plans?
I bought a new billet aluminum trigger housing (gloss black anodized) from Atomic Arms and an all steel receiver from King's Armory. I plan on putting a high polish blued finish on the barrel and receiver. A one of a kind rifle.....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is a teaser shot, showing the high polished blued finish on the steel receiver

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The bolt buffer is a custom one, made by me, mil spec stainless steel pin inside tygon clear tubing

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: Frontiersman

·
Registered