Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LGS has a beautiful #1 in .375H&H. SN is 133-54XXX which puts it around 1999-2000ish. It has been sitting there for quite some time with a $1295 price tag on it. Today it was $999. Is this a good price? Experts please chime in. Thank you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's not a bad price for one in that caliber, if you want it I'd see if they'll come down any more. You probably won't find another one at that price no time soon.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Not a bad price considering. Occasionally will run across one a bit less but realistically, they run in the $1000 range. Chambering, configuration bring that up or down. The .375 H&H certainly isn't one I'd call "rare", barely even "uncommon" but #1's aren't as commonly found as they once were. (just a changing market). If it's worth the price to you, jump. waiting too long can something turn to regret.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I do not have one, nor do I pretend to be an expert, but MA Armslist recently had a #1 listed for (if I remember correctly) $1000. The classified did not stay on the site very long. I assume it was purchased.

I've seen two other #1's recently at LGS's and they are listed at $1,200 to $1,500.

Hope your LGS drops the price again so you can make the purchase. I know I'd like to own one someday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’d buy at 900. That’s a good price. Sometimes if you wait too long it’ll be too late and second chances don’t come around. Who cares if you see one $50 less two years from now?? Buy it. Sweet caliber that 375! Ask any guide in Alaska because that’s their fall back weapon of choice when Mr. Brown Bear shows up as an uninvited visitor!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts