Ruger # 1 in 17 hmr

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by paulruger, Jul 8, 2017.

1. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

A LGS has an octagon barreled # 1 in 17 hmr. Beautiful walnut stock, in as new condition. Any ideas as to what its worth?

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm no expert on #1s, but I know that a , great condition, #1 in any caliber will normally fetch $1000 +'

Now , this being 17HMR, which I've never seen, and don't believe it to be a production Ruger, could be an exception to the rule.

It may have been custom ordered from Ruger or someone had it custom made.

I would jump on it in a heartbeat , if it were in my reach, because I want a 17hmr rifle, and can't think of a better one than the #1.

I would grab it for a grand, and may go as high as $1500.

Anything below the grand, well I would be laughing my hind off.

BUT, I LOVE #1s.

Jim

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Quote from Jim: BUT, I LOVE #1s

Jim,

Is there any rifle pistol, cannon, firearm that you don't like? How about a water cannon in case of a nearby riot? :cryinglaugh:
    Did ya feel the yank? YANK**********YANK!!!

Tommy

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Water....Nah.....
    Cannon.....yep.

Always got my eye open for a good cannon.

My left leg is now bothering me.......(feel the yank)

Jim

5. 67stingray

67stingray Member

I have a #1 chambered in. 17 Remington but it has been rebarreled. Ruger never offered a #1 with an octagon barrel or in rimfire. I suppose it's possible that it could be a special order. Get the serial number and call Ruger, they will be able to tell you what it left the factory as.

6. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

^^^ A scaled down #1 in rimfire calibers would seem to make a lot of sense to me. Sort of like a Ruger Low Wall, so to speak. I would think there would be a niche market for a gun like that. Call it the Ruger Number 4 and I'd be waiting in line for a 22 Mag version.