Ruby, our new family member

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phideaux, Mar 4, 2017.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I know , just the other day , I said I didn't think I would get another pup, after Waylon and Willie took their act on the road,....but....

Well this young couple couldn't keep her,
    She is 9 weeks old, and such a sweet , fun, loving little pup.

We got her for free , because they could see we would give her a good home. The way they talked they paid a lot of money for her.

We love her already , they just brought her over this morning.
    She is 9 weeks old.

I've never owned a Bagle before, ( mama Bassett, pap Beagle). Google them, .
    Pretty fascinating little mix. I guess all breeds started out as mix.:)

She is so full of energy and playful.

So we will go shopping for her, and play with her all day.

ruby10.jpg

ruby13.jpg

ruby6.jpg

ruby7.jpg

ruby4.jpg

ruby17.jpg

ruby16.jpg

Jim

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Awe come on let that little girl inside the door. I am just imagining the bark of her when she gets a little older. I love the looks she is giving you. Pick me up........let me in.

3. havasu

havasu In the army now..

What a great lookin pup.

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Aww....

Looks like that little one will turn out to be a good little buddy for y'all.
    That look on her face tells me she already loves you all too....
    Congrats.

Do you have any other pets around your place? Seems I remember you posting a pic of kittens one time.

:usa:

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah! She may grow up looking like a short-legged beagle. The rabbits will run faster than she can, but she won't really care.

6. allenr

allenr Member

Maggie, my old beagle, lust loved to chase squirrels and rabbits even though she never caught one. She passed and I got Marlowe, a tuxedo cat who would slash open the screens in the doors when a squirrel was o the lawn. She passed too. Time for a new partner. a dog this time for sure. Maybe I can find one as cute as Ruby.

7. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

What a cutie. Love puppy breath.

8. phideaux

Yeah, 3 grown outside cats , of which the old mama cat is pregnant.

The pup is so friendly , she just went right up to mama cat , kissed her, and got 3 fast love taps to the face, she decided that she would just leave mama cat to her business.:)

Jim

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Well Jim,

You have another friend for life. We are expecting to get another Chihuahua in the next couple of months so ours will have a playmate when we are gone. This one will only b 3 1/2 yrs. old while the one we have is 6 yrs. old. I hope they get along. The one we have now I call her "little monster" and she sleeps with me so any noise she will wake me up. Ain't nothing better than having a good dog! Always glad to see you when you get home and all they ask for is love.

Tommy

10. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

That's a cute looking pup alright!

11. phideaux

Cracks me up to see her run,

Her body is long, and her back legs run faster than her front legs, so she runs sideways sorta , like an old car with the frame bent., rear wheels not tracking with the front.

Its funny.

Jim

12. buster40c

I get a kick from watching my little female. She is a howler for sure. Anything that moves sets her off. The neighbors even laugh at her because she thinks she owns the neighborhood.

13. phideaux

Here ya go Buster, a little update on the pup,

She covrs the back fields thouroughly with that nose of hers.

I believe she will be a good rabbit dog this winter.

pooch.jpg

pooch2.jpg

pooch3.jpg

Jim

14. buster40c

She told you it was time to eat.

15. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

We now have 2 chihuahuas Dolly (Lil Monster) who is 7 and June Bug who we got a couple of months ago and is 3 yrs. old. Lil Monster is still a little jealous but is starting to adapt to her "brother". June Bug gets excited and will run in circles when you ask him if he is ready for a "treat". You can help but love your animals. If you could only love your neighbor like you love animals there would be less hate and fear mongering in the world.

Jim, with a little pup like that, who cannot love it? They are so anxious to please and give kisses and all they ask for is love in return. That is one thing I have plenty of and will share it with anyone or any animal.

Tommy

16. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

My! She has sure grown! Looks very good!
    Glad you updated!

Tommy my niece was a chihuahua and she was one heck of a terrifying cow dog. Cows didn't know what to make of her. When she came to visit she would run as fast as her little legs would take her barking ferociously in hot pursuit. Penned them in the corral every time.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  17. buster40c

My two dogs will sit barking at the sliding door and want out because a horse is way out there and they can't even get to it. They do the same with the cows in the pasture next to me. I had to fence off the pasture because they would run up on the cows. Several times the cows went towards the dogs and the dogs took off running back home. LOL I had to laugh.

When they are outside and often out of my sight I just rap my knuckles on the door glass and they come a running. That works better than my calling them. I guess they can hear the knocking sound better than my voice.