Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some old rifle scabbards that I have had for years and have no idea if they are worth anything. I can't find any markings on them except for 1 of them which says "Wilkenson" on it. The other looks as if it may have been a military issue however no markings on it. I saw one on E-Bay that looked very similar and then there is one, that seems to have been for a scoped rifle. If anyone has any idea of what I should ask for them, or their value, please let me know. I also have a CutCo knife in the original sheath, Model 1765, which is in very good shape and I believe it is from the early 60's.

Tommy

Attachments

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I don't know what they are worth but they are very cool! I've always had a scabbard on my saddles. Very handy to have.
Are they oiled up or dry?

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double R,

These scabbards need to be worked over with linseed oil. They have been sitting in my shed for a long time and although dry they can be brought back to life with some TLC and a LOT of linseed oil. I have nor the patience or ambition to bring them back to life although I do believe they can be an asset to someone who enjoys leather. Only leather I ever cared for was my "jump" boots when I was in the army. One of them (look closely) you can see a small coil spring that runs vertical with the scabbard. It is very small and no attachment ring or accessory for it. I have no idea of why you would need one. It will take someone a lot smarter than me to figure that out. So that means everyone on RT should have a good idea.

Tommy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts