Rifle scabbards

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Tommycourt, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have some old rifle scabbards that I have had for years and have no idea if they are worth anything. I can't find any markings on them except for 1 of them which says "Wilkenson" on it. The other looks as if it may have been a military issue however no markings on it. I saw one on E-Bay that looked very similar and then there is one, that seems to have been for a scoped rifle. If anyone has any idea of what I should ask for them, or their value, please let me know. I also have a CutCo knife in the original sheath, Model 1765, which is in very good shape and I believe it is from the early 60's.

Tommy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

I don't know what they are worth but they are very cool! I've always had a scabbard on my saddles. Very handy to have.
    Are they oiled up or dry?

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Double R,

These scabbards need to be worked over with linseed oil. They have been sitting in my shed for a long time and although dry they can be brought back to life with some TLC and a LOT of linseed oil. I have nor the patience or ambition to bring them back to life although I do believe they can be an asset to someone who enjoys leather. Only leather I ever cared for was my "jump" boots when I was in the army. One of them (look closely) you can see a small coil spring that runs vertical with the scabbard. It is very small and no attachment ring or accessory for it. I have no idea of why you would need one. It will take someone a lot smarter than me to figure that out. So that means everyone on RT should have a good idea.

Tommy