Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a box of Winchester .22 LR #12Shot, Star Crimp to use on my 1022 with the Tubular Magazine. Tried it out yesterday and it can only shot Single Shots. I can't fire Semi. Need to discharge and reload. Wrong ammo?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have had problems with that ammunition. The cases sometimes burst during ignition in my little boys cricket. I agree with the cci beingbeing better but can't comment on it being able to cycle the action.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try CCI. BTW...I gave an erroneous description about my RUGER. 1022 with a Magazine. Not tubular. It's the one that holds 10 rds. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Welcome to the forum DilloHunter!
Please take a minute to pop on over to the introduction section and tell us a little about yourself. :) We like to know who were talking too and welcoming to the family. :) Plus you deserve a proper welcome ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have not tried the 22LR flavor of the CCI shotshells in my 10/22 so no comment on that but I will tell you that in general, in semi-auto pistols, the shotshells do not generate enough gas pressure to properly cycle the actions. They work best in revolvers.

·
Patriot
2,182 Posts
The CCI shotshells work great for small rodent control in my Single Six revolver.
I also have never tried them in my 10/22 because I fear the plastic capsule might break and foul the action or magazine with shot pellets.
If I were to try it I think I would load one to see if it ejects properly, then go from there.
Am I over thinking it? Probably.
:hammer:

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
None of the shot shells will cycle in the 10/22. Not enough power to blow the action back.
I wonder if a more substantial wad would improve the situation - assuming an adequate powder charge.

Um - what is the planned result when shooting a shot shell in a 10/22?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised at all that a shot shell 22lr wouldn't eject in a semi auto rifle. Does the gun eject and cycle correctly with standard 22lr lead round nose?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I wonder if a more substantial wad would improve the situation - assuming an adequate powder charge.

Um - what is the planned result when shooting a shot shell in a 10/22?

I shoot wood borer bees with mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I shoot any varmint that moves. In my yard, of course. But mostly, Armadillos that dig holes and underground encampments. Wood borer bees? Sounds like fun. I'd use a pellet gun for more of a challenge.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Speaking of borer bees I have an area where I can't hardly mow because the dang borer bees have nested in the ground there. They haven't stung me so I am guessing they don't have stingers but they do attack me. They are size of bumblebees. I thought since they can bore into wood I hope they don't bore into my body when they attack me.

Reactions: thegatman
1 - 14 of 14 Posts