Respect my country and flag please...

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by phideaux, Sep 25, 2017.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

or just leave.

I was the biggest football fan in the whole wide world, ever, ...just ask my lovely bride.

BUT....

I never watched one game last year , (only news highlites of the Superbowl), and I will not ever watch another game until the NFL stops this crap.

As far as I'm concerned...it's no different than stomping and burning the flag and spitting in the face of our country.

Being a Viet Nam veteran ..., these putrid little whinney tail wussies make me want to ...:puker:..well ...you know.:puker:

jim

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Amen Jim. No more football for me. As a matter of fact, if I had one of those $200 jersey's, I'd burn that too!

3. phideaux

If they are "supposedly" protesting the justice thats being handed down by our LEO , as being unjustified...

Why use our National Anthem and our Nations Flag, to protest....
    Jeeeeez , go down to the local Police Station ......on your own time, and march your tail off,

:rolleyes:

Jim

4. phideaux

From one of our sister forums....

Partial list of sponsors and numbers -

Anheuser-Busch – 800-DIAL BUD (342-5283)
    Barclaycard US – 888-232-0780
    Bose – 800-379-2073
    Bridgestone – 866-775-6480
    Campbell's Soup Company – 800-257-8443 -- @CampbellSoupCo
    Castrol – 800-462-0835 – @Castrol – [email protected]
    Courtyard Marriott – 800-721-7033 or 800-535-4028
    Dairy Management, Inc. – 847-803-2000
    Dannon – 877- 326-6668
    Extreme Networks – 888-257-3000
    FedEx – 800-463-3339
    Frito-Lay (PepsiCo) 800-352-4477
    Gatorade (PepsiCo) 800-884-2867
    Hyundai Motor America – 714-965-3000 or 800-633-5151 -- [email protected]
    Mars Snackfood – 908-850-1753
    Microsoft – 425-882-8080
    Nationwide – 614-249-7111
    News America – 800-462-0852 – 212-782-8000
    Papa John's – 877-547-7272 – (502) 261-7272
    Pepsi – 972-334-7000 or 800-433-2652
    Procter & Gamble – 800-332-7787 or 513-983-1100
    Quaker (PepsiCo) – 800-367-6287
    Verizon – 212-395-1000 – 800 760 4658
    Visa – 650-432-3200
    USAA – 210-456-1800

Here's a letter copied to Anheuser-Busch, others to follow:
    Due to the anti-American actions of the NFL, and due to your support of the NFL, I will no longer be purchasing your products. I am an avid Bud Lite drinker. No longer, I will switch brands starting tomorrow, until such times you withdrawn support of the NFL. Also, I will attempt to influence other who use your products to follow suit.
    Thank you

I think this is a great start... is Miller (or whomever owns them now) an NFL advertiser? If not be sure to mention you are switching to Miller Lite, and name the other competitors to Pepsi... Coke?
    Make sure you state that this is not a Conservative vs Liberal, or a Republican vs Democrat issue, it is an American issue, if the NFL players want to sit, let them play Soccer for Argentina, or Brazil.

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I would love to see half a stadium with empty seats but to many people don't give a damn what their dollars are paying for.
    Sports are getting to be used just like Hollywood. What a shame when people become a part of tearing this country down and don't even care they are being used.
    I have quit watching any talk shows on TV because I am sick of hearing the political crap. I guess sports are next on the list to go. NASCAR said no to this BS and there was no kneeling seen.

It is going to be interesting to see whether the NFL will no longer have the national anthem before the games. Will they say it has to go because of the political problems it is causing?
    What a shame how patriotism is being pissed on.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

It's getting ridiculous.

If you hate this country so much, nobody's is forcing you to stay......so......leave......

7. buster40c

Found this on jimstone web site.
    "HA HA HA
    NFL ratings dropped so much even last year that networks had to give advertisers a refund. Then idiots started sitting for the national anthem, and since then ratings have fallen an additional 16 percent, for a total drop of 29 percent. The link is a year old, but it goes to show we do have the power to punish the NFL, and the NFL will feel it.

NOT A HOAX: NFL RATINGS DIPPED SO MUCH THAT NETWORKS HAVE TO GIVE ADVERTISERS A REFUND! KEEP IT UP, DO NOT WATCH FOOTBALL. DECLARE A FOOTBALL BOYCOTT. EITHER THE NFL RESPECTS THE COUNTRY OR THEY ARE OUT!!! See this!

We just got handed the message that we CAN make a difference. If everyone boycotted football for even a little while, those who hate America so much they can't 'stand' the national anthem are either going to respect the country anyway, or walk away from a BIG FAT PAYCHECK.

"I did not watch the NFL for the first time in 45 years. The mystique is gone - Rush Limbaugh

The NFL is disobeying its own rule book.

All players are required by NFL rules to honor their country before each and every game.
    The rules are found on pages A62-63 of the NFL game operations manual:

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

So there you have it! "
    So let's have a sit out of the NFL and see what that does to their ratings and advertising this year. It's fourth down and one. Will the NFL run or punt? Will they fumble?
    Me I am going to change channel and watch anything other than an NFL game.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The ancient Roman emperors gave their citizens bread and circuses. The end result was those citizens becoming useless for any constructive or defensive purpose. History often repeats itself for those ignorant of it.

9. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Last night I watched the Monday Night Football prepared to change the channel if this same crap happened. The Dallas Cowboys came out BEFORE the Anthem hooked arms and knelt to show their solidarity including the owner. Then they all stood for the National Anthem. They said they did this so they could protest without it looking like disrespect to the Flag and Country. I hail this action and hope the others will follow the example.

10. havasu

havasu In the army now..

That was just a ploy last night. They just tried to satisfy everyone. A pre-kneel, then a stand at the anthem. They were still being disrespectful, and no better than the others.

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Disrespectful of what or who, havasu?

12. havasu

havasu In the army now..

They are being disrespectful in the fact that they all kneeled, including the white boy owner, as a way to push the race card, just the way Kaepernick started this. Again, throwing politics into football is a no-go for me.

13. phideaux

I see them as politicians , talking out both sides of their mouth.

Straddle the fence , that way, you don't have to commit to either side,

OR ...they committed to both sides.:rolleyes:

You cant have it both ways.

When they stop the politics in sports .....maybe I'll return, thats a big maybe.

If they stop the National Anthem....there wont even be a maybe.

I seen men die for that Flag and this Nation.

Jim

14. buster40c

They will put their agenda in the faces of the people and the events with huge viewing will be targeted big time. The only way the people can throw a flag into their game is by refusing to pick up the ball. Take the wind out of their sails so to speak.

Like VT said the Romans did the same thing back in their days. This is all just to get the people's attention off what is really detrimental going on and not ask questions.

15. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I saw the only Pittsburg Steeler player standing on the field with his hand over his heart. Then I heard he went back and apologized to his team. It should be the other way around. They should apologize to him since he served 3 terms in Afghanistan. Roger Godell could end all of this however his interest lies in the money he receives.

If you don't stand during our national anthem, then please accept the $10,000.00 fine on your paycheck for each time you fail to honor our flag!!!! If $10K means nothing to you, then we can up the ante to $25K or more......your choice.

Tommy

16. havasu

havasu In the army now..

The NFL rulebook, all 606 pages from what I heard, also addresses the National Anthem, and how they must be present, and must stand. If Godell doesn't enforce the rules himself, we have lost the fight. Get rid of him!

17. buster40c

I was always told I had to go by the company handbook of rules or it was grounds for termination.
    Maybe that's why Dallas Cowboys and owner took their knee before the anthem then stood up for the anthem. Even still the standing with locking of arms is not according to NFL conduct rules.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017