Rescued 3-Screw Super Blackhawk today

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by DDubya, Jul 30, 2013.

1. DDubya

DDubya Member

Second one this year. First one was older and in better condition. This one was made in 1970. A few nicks and scratches, but mechanically solid. When a dealer gets one of these pre-transfer bar safety guns in, they are supposed to send them back to Ruger to have them converted. My dealer had me sign a statement that I was knew about the recall, but absolved him of any liability. So this one was rescued from that fate. Only $400.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Very nice ! Congrats

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Awesome...glad you decided not to go the transfer bar safety route.

A fine revolver like that should stay original...

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice grab, congrats.

Dont forget to wrap your middle finger knuckle.;):D

Jim

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Awesome wheel gun.....congrats....

6. dandzivi

dandzivi New Member

I sure wasn't aware that dealers were sending OMs back to get converted these days!!
    I have an old three screw BH in .41 mag that I purchased used in '72 and will not part with it for anything.IMHO, there is nothing like the "clickety- clock" sound the OM action makes. I guess if I want that un modified SBH I've always wanted, I'd better get busy!!

Keep 'em original!!!

7. trainman

trainman Member

Great move, and a nice looking gun. I have a 22 single six made in the 50s. When they went over to the transfer bar, they sent me a letter saying send it in and they would change it over for free. Instead I just went out and bought another new single six with the transfer bar.
    I agree, leave them original. I did not know dealers were required to send them back.

8. softpoint

softpoint New Member

very nice. i have the super blackhawk 44 and the blackhawk 45 colt. it would be nice to have an early one too.