Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second one this year. First one was older and in better condition. This one was made in 1970. A few nicks and scratches, but mechanically solid. When a dealer gets one of these pre-transfer bar safety guns in, they are supposed to send them back to Ruger to have them converted. My dealer had me sign a statement that I was knew about the recall, but absolved him of any liability. So this one was rescued from that fate. Only $400.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Awesome...glad you decided not to go the transfer bar safety route.

A fine revolver like that should stay original...

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Nice grab, congrats.

Dont forget to wrap your middle finger knuckle.;):D

Jim

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Awesome wheel gun.....congrats....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I sure wasn't aware that dealers were sending OMs back to get converted these days!!
I have an old three screw BH in .41 mag that I purchased used in '72 and will not part with it for anything.IMHO, there is nothing like the "clickety- clock" sound the OM action makes. I guess if I want that un modified SBH I've always wanted, I'd better get busy!!

Keep 'em original!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great move, and a nice looking gun. I have a 22 single six made in the 50s. When they went over to the transfer bar, they sent me a letter saying send it in and they would change it over for free. Instead I just went out and bought another new single six with the transfer bar.
I agree, leave them original. I did not know dealers were required to send them back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
very nice. i have the super blackhawk 44 and the blackhawk 45 colt. it would be nice to have an early one too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts