Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting 1 of these in 30-06 but a guy on another forum said the previous model was nicknamed jam-o-matic but didn't know about these. Anybody have any info on them???

·
Registered
275 Posts
Would this be a new gun? I don't have any firsthand experience, but I had looked into geting a new Marlin- the reputation of Remington and Marlin is way less than stellar these days. Internet chatter that I found was that it is a 50/50 chance of getting a good gun without issues. That may just be chatter, but it wasn't worth the financial risk (the Marlin that I was looking at was used/never fired, and I knew that I wouldn't have a warranty for a safety net).

If you don't get substantial feedback here, it should be fairly easy to web search the gun. Reviews, other forums, customer service reputation.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I never owned one , but I know a couple guys that do,

Ive never heard any complaints.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would this be a new gun? I don't have any firsthand experience, but I had looked into geting a new Marlin- the reputation of Remington and Marlin is way less than stellar these days. Internet chatter that I found was that it is a 50/50 chance of getting a good gun without issues. That may just be chatter, but it wasn't worth the financial risk (the Marlin that I was looking at was used/never fired, and I knew that I wouldn't have a warranty for a safety net).

If you don't get substantial feedback here, it should be fairly easy to web search the gun. Reviews, other forums, customer service reputation.
Yeah it'll be a new one,probably anyway.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Don't know about the 750 Woodsmaster but.......
The 742 in 30-06 I had many years ago turned into a jam-o-matic after the bolt gouged the receiver.
The local gunsmith cleaned up the receiver and cautioned that it was not a paper puncher and there may not be enough metal remaining to fix it again.
That was the old 742, wonder if the 750 is a different design???

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the reviews on Cabelas it's hit and miss on jamming problems. Now on another site they were all good reviews but I think that might have been the Remington site which is probably only posting good ones. Think I may look elsewhere.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Hey buddy,

I will pass on any gun that I am not 100% sure about,
Ya know, if there is doubt.

That's just me.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I know,thinking maybe instead of a 30-06 going with a .223 like a Ruger mini14 or if I get a 30-06 then maybe an M1 Garand. Decisions decisions. May even wind up with an AR.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Decided I'm going to go for the Ruger Mini14 Ranch rifle with wooden stock and a couple large capacity magazines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts