Remington 750 Woodsmaster

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by squirrelhunter, Dec 17, 2015.

1. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm thinking of getting 1 of these in 30-06 but a guy on another forum said the previous model was nicknamed jam-o-matic but didn't know about these. Anybody have any info on them???

2. hodge

hodge New Member

Would this be a new gun? I don't have any firsthand experience, but I had looked into geting a new Marlin- the reputation of Remington and Marlin is way less than stellar these days. Internet chatter that I found was that it is a 50/50 chance of getting a good gun without issues. That may just be chatter, but it wasn't worth the financial risk (the Marlin that I was looking at was used/never fired, and I knew that I wouldn't have a warranty for a safety net).

If you don't get substantial feedback here, it should be fairly easy to web search the gun. Reviews, other forums, customer service reputation.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I never owned one , but I know a couple guys that do,

Ive never heard any complaints.

Jim

4. squirrelhunter

Yeah it'll be a new one,probably anyway.

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Don't know about the 750 Woodsmaster but.......
    The 742 in 30-06 I had many years ago turned into a jam-o-matic after the bolt gouged the receiver.
    The local gunsmith cleaned up the receiver and cautioned that it was not a paper puncher and there may not be enough metal remaining to fix it again.
    That was the old 742, wonder if the 750 is a different design???

6. squirrelhunter

From the reviews on Cabelas it's hit and miss on jamming problems. Now on another site they were all good reviews but I think that might have been the Remington site which is probably only posting good ones. Think I may look elsewhere.

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey buddy,

I will pass on any gun that I am not 100% sure about,
    Ya know, if there is doubt.

That's just me.

Jim

8. squirrelhunter

Yeah I know,thinking maybe instead of a 30-06 going with a .223 like a Ruger mini14 or if I get a 30-06 then maybe an M1 Garand. Decisions decisions. May even wind up with an AR.

9. squirrelhunter

Decided I'm going to go for the Ruger Mini14 Ranch rifle with wooden stock and a couple large capacity magazines.

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

A Ruger Mini-14 is a good choice...

( better than any "iffy" rifle... )