Remington 700 - So long...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by VThillman, May 1, 2016.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

...it's been good to own you.
    Bought it new, a couple years ago. Swapped out the factory trigger for a Timney, removed the iron sights and put on a scope, took off that scope and put on another one, sighted it in. 16 rounds fired all in all. Took it out of the cabinet to look at and fondle a few times. A beautiful gun.

Friday evening I brought it to the LGS, and put it on consignment.

.270 Win is a little much for extended paper punching; my hunting days are over - too old and 'stumbling' for still hunting, no interest in sitting. Or in killing, for that matter. About time I admitted it, and moved on (hah).

I had some pics, can't locate them now; probably just as well.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Did you set a price...?

How much may I ask...?

I own a M700 BDL chambered in 7mm Rem Mag, bought it back in 1980. According to my range book: 253 rounds fired in 36 years.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

$685. The dealer gets $35 of it. He expects it to sell, even this time of year. It's so clean, and so doggone pretty.

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

That's too bad, I hate to see ya get rid of a beauty like that,

But I also understand , there comes a time ......:waving:

Jim

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Seems like a fair price...good luck with the sale VT !!

I feel your pain brother...hard for me to sell ANY firearm...but like Jim says: "There comes a time..."

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I always wanted a Remington .270 and never got one. I had a 6mm BDL and still have my 7BDL however I can't see at my age of doing any more hunting. I don't have the desire to kill anything anymore and having to trek with a quarter or part of an animal would be physically impossible. I don't have any desire to sell my 7mm as it has great sentimental value however one day it will have to go. I feel your pain but maybe a younger feller will find a good use and hope it finds a good home where it will be beloved like you did.

Tommy

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yeah, I know how it is VT.
    I took my Super Blackhawk to the range a few weeks ago. My bones don't like the .44 Mag recoil any more. I still like it but my wrist doesn't.
    I still have some magnum ammo for it so I think I'll try it one more time..... just to verify.... that it's time to sell out of the .44 Mag business. :violin:
    Oh well, things change. Bet I can find something to fill the void after it's gone. :)
    Come to think of it, it's been a long time since I've owned a 4 5/8" Blackhawk in .357 so....... It's all good. :D

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Time for a .44 mag carbine?

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

A man's got to do what a man's got to do!

No, I'll probably just sell everything .44 Mag locally. Dies, brass, primers, bullets, an across the chest holster and of course the revolver.
    After an on the job injury (I own the joint so no $$$ out of the deal) I had some silly idea that after I healed I'd go hiking in Alaska.
    Long story short, not happening.
    But I did work out some heavy loads to carry in bear country.......Those are very usefull where I live. (Near the Texas Gulf Coast). :sarcasm: :cheesy:

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I read your posts about those loads. I like the .44 mag (a lot) and can still shoot 'warm' loads in my revolvers without pain. I feel the angst of your coming 'disentanglement'.

11. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Shoot, MB, my wrists are fine and the .44 Mag bothers me. Just too much of a good thing I guess. The .357 is about my upper limit.