Remember i said i want a precision rifle...

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by greg_r, May 7, 2017.

1. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

...but don't really like the Ruger Precision Rifle? Contemplating the Ruger American Predator in a LSS chassis. Well I have another option now and I like it a lot. Magpul just introduced the Hunter stock for the short action RAR.

First pict is the LSS, second is the Magpul.

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: May 7, 2017

3. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

This is the Savage I like.
    http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/BAStealth

I don't have the RARP or either of the stocks.....yet. But I do want a precision rifle. I think the American Predator in 308 or either of the Creedmore calibers with a chassis would give me what I want at a good price.

I like the LSS better too, but the Magpul gives me another option that would be a few hundred dollars cheaper. Plus it would have the same look and feel as the Magpul stocks i could put on my 10/22 and shotgun.

I wish I did have the derby winner. Actually I am selling off some of my "collection" and taking the proceeds to find my new "collection". I have (or had) a Handi Rifle in most of the calibers they were produced in. You would be surprised at how much a Handi is worth if you part it out and sell them. Some barrels alone bring more than I paid for the rifle! But I end up with a bunch of stripped receivers. I am going to talk with my FFL and see if he thinks he can sell them.

4. gumpy

gumpy New Member

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I like the bottom 1 better.

6. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Just another black rifle imo!

7. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Actually they can be black......or FDE, or Olive Green, or Wolf Gray.

8. Shelge20

Shelge20 New Member

Why wouldn't you go with a Ruger Gunsite in .308? Quite accurate and quite versatile.

9. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I like the way you think!

10. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

They certainly are an ugly monstrosity!

11. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I am guessing you might possibly have more than one after all. Sort of like potato chips you can't have just one. If only guns were as cheap to buy as chips.

12. Shelge20

Shelge20 New Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, if you could possibly call a fine piece of American craftsmanship ugly then I guess it would be. And yes I have one.308 Gunsite as well as numerous other Ruger's. .300rcm, .338rcm, .375ruger, .22lr skeleton, 12 guage all weather red label not to mention several other calibers in other brands. I love bolt actions though so maybe my opinion is biased.

13. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

And fine piece of American craftsmanship................you've got to be kidding! A boat anchor!

14. Shelge20

Shelge20 New Member

Well that's your opinion but I could part a knats hair at three hundred yards with my boat anchor. But I live in Texas and was born with a rifle in my hands. You?

15. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

:D

I will not resist sticking my nose in - with my observation that 'born Texans' have a way about them, and immigrant easterners are the same way only more so.

16. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

You have to remember everything is bigger in Texas. Even gnats, LOL
    Salt water Mosquitos are so big they take humans to go.