Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but don't really like the Ruger Precision Rifle? Contemplating the Ruger American Predator in a LSS chassis. Well I have another option now and I like it a lot. Magpul just introduced the Hunter stock for the short action RAR.

First pict is the LSS, second is the Magpul.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn Greg...did ya have the winner of the Derby or what...?!

I like the LSS myself...

My next rifle will probably be the Savage AR10 Hunter:

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MSR10Hunter
This is the Savage I like.
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/BAStealth

I don't have the RARP or either of the stocks.....yet. But I do want a precision rifle. I think the American Predator in 308 or either of the Creedmore calibers with a chassis would give me what I want at a good price.

I like the LSS better too, but the Magpul gives me another option that would be a few hundred dollars cheaper. Plus it would have the same look and feel as the Magpul stocks i could put on my 10/22 and shotgun.

I wish I did have the derby winner. Actually I am selling off some of my "collection" and taking the proceeds to find my new "collection". I have (or had) a Handi Rifle in most of the calibers they were produced in. You would be surprised at how much a Handi is worth if you part it out and sell them. Some barrels alone bring more than I paid for the rifle! But I end up with a bunch of stripped receivers. I am going to talk with my FFL and see if he thinks he can sell them.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I am guessing you might possibly have more than one after all. Sort of like potato chips you can't have just one. If only guns were as cheap to buy as chips.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, if you could possibly call a fine piece of American craftsmanship ugly then I guess it would be. And yes I have one.308 Gunsite as well as numerous other Ruger's. .300rcm, .338rcm, .375ruger, .22lr skeleton, 12 guage all weather red label not to mention several other calibers in other brands. I love bolt actions though so maybe my opinion is biased.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, if you could possibly call a fine piece of American craftsmanship ugly then I guess it would be. And yes I have one.308 Gunsite as well as numerous other Ruger's. .300rcm, .338rcm, .375ruger, .22lr skeleton, 12 guage all weather red label not to mention several other calibers in other brands. I love bolt actions though so maybe my opinion is biased.
And fine piece of American craftsmanship................you've got to be kidding! A boat anchor!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well that's your opinion but I could part a knats hair at three hundred yards with my boat anchor. But I live in Texas and was born with a rifle in my hands. You?

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Well that's your opinion but I could part a knats hair at three hundred yards with my boat anchor. But I live in Texas and was born with a rifle in my hands. You?
:D

I will not resist sticking my nose in - with my observation that 'born Texans' have a way about them, and immigrant easterners are the same way only more so.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
You have to remember everything is bigger in Texas. Even gnats, LOL
Salt water Mosquitos are so big they take humans to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts