Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to my poorer eye sight as I get older, I would like to mount a red dot sight on my GP100 Match Champion. Can anyone recommend a sight mount ? I have a model #1754 with the side mounted, dovetail style, fixed mounting. Not too fussed about which sight to mount.. All of the mountings that I have been able to find are for the regular GP 100 not the MC Thanks..Paul.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi @Pyagriff, which mount you end up using for GP100 1754 model? Could you share the link? Thanks is advance.
[/QUOTE
I have just about given up trying to find a mount..The closest I could find was , the EGW Novak RDS mount #49511however they warn that Ruger Novak sight mounts are proprietary and this RDS mount may not fit on Rugers and to check with the manufacturer !! That I have not done. I may just order it and return if no go..If you try it let me know if it fits....Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm still in research mode. From what I could gather by now, neither of EWD mounts are guaranteed to fit 1754 model. SKU:49311-OS or SKU:49311 would be my best guess, but the specifications are very vague. I'm planning to contact Ruger, will report back if I'll learn anyting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm still in research mode. From what I could gather by now, neither of EWD mounts are guaranteed to fit 1754 model. SKU:49311-OS or SKU:49311 would be my best guess, but the specifications are very vague. I'm planning to contact Ruger, will report back if I'll learn anyting.
Great, I look forward to your reply....Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you look at the SKU #49511 ??
Looks like none of EWD mounts will fit the 1754 model. Please see below. Thanks to Ruger for making this not complicated at all.

Will this mount fit GP100 match champion with fixed Novak® LoMount Carry rear sight?
Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, this mount will not fit a GP100 with the fixed Novak rear sights. Our Novak mount will not fit either, Ruger's dimensions are smaller than the traditional Novak cut.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like none of EWD mounts will fit the 1754 model. Please see below. Thanks to Ruger for making this not complicated at all.

Will this mount fit GP100 match champion with fixed Novak® LoMount Carry rear sight?
Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, this mount will not fit a GP100 with the fixed Novak rear sights. Our Novak mount will not fit either, Ruger's dimensions are smaller than the traditional Novak cut.
Also, just called Ruger Customer Service, the one in Mayodan, NC - they can only replace the original sight. They can't install the red dot mount. They also can't provide any information on cut dimensions or on third party mounts that are available for 1754 model. This is the dead end, way to go Ruger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hopeful updates from EWD team: "We are making a mount for Taurus pistols with a Novak rear sight cut. They look to be the same cut as the GP 100's with a Novak cut. Once we get the mounts made we will test and verify the fitment on a GP100."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hopeful updates from EWD team: "We are making a mount for Taurus pistols with a Novak rear sight cut. They look to be the same cut as the GP 100's with a Novak cut. Once we get the mounts made we will test and verify the fitment on a GP100."
Sounds hopeful...Fingers crossed !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts