Recipe Swap

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by DoubleR, Jan 29, 2014.

1. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Hey ladies. During this crazy weather a lot of us are spending time cooking and baking around here.
    Got me thinking maybe we should do a recipe swap. :)
    So let's see them!

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Here's one of my niece and nephews favorites and it's super easy :D
    I add olives to ours as that's what we like on our pizza ;) If I can fit it I do it ;) Also works as tacos.

Attached Files:

3. SweetPea10

SweetPea10 SweetPea10

Oh that looks yummy!

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Hubby asked for them all the time too. He likes that I can modify them to his likings. They are so quick and easy. You should try them!
    The taco rolls are the same concept just different fixings. I've also filled the rolls with cheese and garlic! Yum! Need to make some now ;) lol

5. SweetPea10

SweetPea10 SweetPea10

Definitely going to try them! And will contribute recipe when I decide on a good one too.

6. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Looking forward to it!
    My tip on that recipe is I use a cookie sheet and leave space between them. :) They cook better for me that way.
    Hope you get use of it :D
    Ill post more recipes soon :)

7. SweetPea10

SweetPea10 SweetPea10

This is my go-to party dip recipe - thought it might come in handy Sunday for Super Bowl! It's never sat long enough in my house for anyone to take a picture!
    Vidalia Onion Dip
    2 Cups Mayo
    2 Cups Chopped Vidalia Onion (or other sweet onion)
    1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
    1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
    1 Can Artichoke Hearts (14 oz.) chopped
    1 Package Frozen Spinach (8 oz.) thawed and chopped more

Mix all the above together; place in casserole dish; bake at 350º covered for 20 minutes.
    Remove cover and bake additional 10 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Doesn’t really need the extra cooking, but makes it prettier.

You can use aluminum foil 9x13 pans for this & just use foil for the covered part of the cooking process. It comes out similar to TGIFriday’s spinach/artichoke dip, but I think it’s tastier. I’ve also made it with half Mayo and half Miracle Whip (when I ran out of Mayo) and it still tasted great.

Serve with assorted crackers or vegetables – it tastes super with Rosemary & Oil Triscuits. We serve warm (hot actually, because nobody can wait for it to cool), but it’s also good cold the next day. Enjoy!

8. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Wow! I'm going to try this! Can't wait! :D

9. SweetPea10

SweetPea10 SweetPea10

Just edited it to say 'until top is lightly browned' - brown would be a little much!