Rattle Bug, Blown Away!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pancho_Villa, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Went out to feed the cats late today. Sat down to pet them a bit. Then I hear it. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz, which makes the cats jump off the patio table and go to the wall 3 feet to my side. I could see what looked like a large cow pattie. I can't see real well and it was getting dark. All I had was a TCP .32 with FMJs. Figured shooting at it with FMJs against a concret patio and wall was not a good idea. So i quickly went to the dooor and got a Mossy 715T with a loaded mag behind thedoor. Figured it was better to splatter a .22 off the brick after it went through it.

Had to chase the cats away cause they were fuggin' with it. It was very pizzed by then. I triple tapped it across the body. Forget fancy head shots, I'm too blind to see the head. It was hurt pretty bad, so I finished it with a shovel to conserve that hard to find .22 ammo. Stretched it as far as I could onthe bricks to take a pic, but it was still convulsing. It's laying on 2 patio bricks @ 18" wide. Stretched out to almost 3 patio bricks, so @ 4.5 feet long.

A healthy Western Diamondback. Only had 4 rattles, not real old, just big.

[​IMG]

The "prize." Just a few rattles on it.
    [​IMG]

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Wow that was awesome. Did u keep the skin ? That was a pretty one but glad it's dead

Davìd

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

No, that's for the "Rattlesnake Roundup" dudes in Freer, Texas or "rattlesnake Races" in Old San Patricio County. They bring a bunch of snake hunters in and mIlk them for venom, skin them, fry them, and eat them. I probably shot too many holes in it anyway.