Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone said they come in pairs? Well, it was only 6 feet from where I killed the last one a couple of months ago. One of the labs alerted this time and was pacing on the patio in front of the car. Probably cause he went to drink and it was a couple of feet from the water bowl. I went out cause the dog was soing the "stranger danger/intruder" bark and had a .32 atuo with me.Cat had been watiching it from under the patio table and it was really pizzed. Decided shooting at concrete with FMJ .32s was not a good idea again. So, I went for a .22 that splatters nicely.

Got my Mossy 715T .22 from near the front door and popped a few off at the thing. It was almost dark and it just looked like a big cowpie making noise. It writhed after the shots and started strikng at the cat nearby. Had to chase the cat off and finish it with a shovel to save on hard to find .22 ammo.

A few pics. A nice western diamondback. It was 3 patio bricks long, each brick being 16" diameter. So, @ 4 ft long, about 6" shorter than the other one. It did have twice the rattlers.

No, I don't make belts and stuff out of them. I just kill them.

A viper head for sure.

And the rattle. It ain't no milk snake!!!!!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I happen to know your eyesight is like mine,....BAD.

Will you quit screwing around with them darn things before you get closer than you think you are , and ....well you know.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I happen to know your eyesight is like mine,....BAD.

Will you quit screwing around with them darn things before you get closer than you think you are , and ....well you know.

Jim
Got lucky a few weeks ago. I was setting up a lawn sprinkler along a chain link fence. It was close to another of the dog's waer bowls. When I sprayed one of the dogs inside the fence with water, I noticeed movment about a foot from my right foot. Apparently some of the water I sprayed annoyed a snake and it started to coil and make a fuss, hissing etc. But, no rattle. I could not really tell what it was cause it was in the deeper grass right by the fence. I got back a bit and poked at it some. Turns out it was probably a hog nose snake or something similar. I let him go and when stretched out, no rattle was apparent. But if it had been a rattler, I was well within the striking distance.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
This is one of the reasons I bought a pump air bb rifle. If a snake ever heads towards me I am going to wish I had a shot gun loaded with birdshot. The tootsie rolls I am leaving behind should slow it down some I hope. Only good snake IMO is a dead snake.
That is a scary looking snake you have there.
I was outside doing something and needed a stick for doing something. I reached down and grabbed a foot long stick. HOLY CRAP! The stick started moving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts