Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a nice used full sized RAP 9mm pro duty today. I got it at a good price, it came with everything like new except the owner's manual.
It has one issue, I was going to change the grips, I thought it would be better to use the small grips since I was going to use Traction grips on it. The screw that holds the grip is stripped at the head. The wrench provided to change the grips can't get a good grip. I have other allen wrenches but none fit it. Any suggestions?
It has the stainless barrel. I registered it with Ruger and I will be sending it in and getting the new barrel. I really like the American Pistol. It is a solid, reliable pistol. I think it is on a par with the P series pistols.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I picked up a nice used full sized RAP 9mm pro duty today. I got it at a good price, it came with everything like new except the owner's manual.
It has one issue, I was going to change the grips, I thought it would be better to use the small grips since I was going to use Traction grips on it. The screw that holds the grip is stripped at the head. The wrench provided to change the grips can't get a good grip. I have other allen wrenches but none fit it. Any suggestions?
It has the stainless barrel. I registered it with Ruger and I will be sending it in and getting the new barrel. I really like the American Pistol. It is a solid, reliable pistol. I think it is on a par with the P series pistols.
Just have the factory repair the stripped out screw, when they replace the barrel.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^ Yep have Ruger remove the stripped screw head. Be sure and note it in the description of what you want Ruger to do with the gun.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just make sure that Ruger knows you are sending the whole gun back. They normally just have you send the upper for the upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts