Range report

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Tommycourt, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I didn't get a chance to go to the range last week as the flu bug bit me hard.
    Today I went and tried a different target, one that I could see easier. I shot a hundred rounds at the man silhouette and then I used the .22 targets they had. Some guy had shot 4 of the 6 circles so I thought I would try it to see how I would do at 25'. I only had 10 rounds left so I decided to give it a try. I managed to shot all 10 rounds within a 2" circle which is darn good for me. Prior to this I had to put some white out on my front sight of my SR1911 LW as the dot was getting hard to see. I placed the sight just at the top of the little red circle which only measures 1/2", 9 ring is 1" and the 8 ring is 2". I kept all 10 rounds in the 10 and 9 ring except for 2 which barely grazed the outside of the 8 ring. I can say I am really happy with these results but I don't think that I can do it again. It's just one of those days when you are on, you're on. Today was my lucky day! I was using 230grn. Berry RN with Titegroup powder and COAL was 1.255. Wish I could shoot like that all the time.

Tommy

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Glad you are back in action.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Good shootin Tommy,

We all wish we could do that everytime we go out.

Jim

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Nice shooting for sure and it seems your reports are improving. An improved trigger action makes a good improvement by what your results have shown.
    I just had a 24 hour bug myself luckily I was able to sweat the fever out after taking a few ibuprofen and staying in bed practically full 24 hours.

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Glad you're back in the saddle Tommy.
    Was wondering what happened to the range report last week.
    Sounds like you're making some good hits. Way to go.

So is there a .45 ACP revolver range report coming up in the near future ......... ;)

6. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

That is excellent shooting and a great day on the range. Steady hands and trigger control. Congratulations.