Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday is shooting day so I took both my Commanders down to see how they would do. My LW with the trigger job is on the mark (for me anyway). At 35 feet I can hold about a 3 1/2" circle (would like it a little tighter) however my other Commander kind of gave me fits. It has been a while since I have shot it and the trigger is still standard from the factory. I didn't realize what a difference the trigger job did so I can see that I will have to do another trigger job on it. I suppose I will end up doing it on my full size SR1911 also so that way, no matter which one I grab, I will have them the same. Presently my problem is that the heat is bad here lately and I haven't been able to reload any rounds. We have had a hot spell that has set records lately. Longest time since recording weather history and it has stayed over 110 degrees. If someone has the time, please send me a jar of 85-90 degree weather. I only need it for one day and then I can crank out some rounds. Anyway, it was a good day. Any day I can shoot, for me it's a good day!!!

Tommy:D

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
But your heat is dry so I don't know why you are complaining. LOL J/K
I got a bunch of 38 special in Saturday and I want to shoot like 4 different guns with it. But my knee bursitis says that isn't going to happen with the pain.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But your heat is dry so I don't know why you are complaining. LOL J/K
I got a bunch of 38 special in Saturday and I want to shoot like 4 different guns with it. But my knee bursitis says that isn't going to happen with the pain.
Buster,

I know that feeling. When my back gets really sore, I have to take my pain pills and sit for at least an hour for them to kick in. There are mornings when I get up, I am worth a tinkers dam for the first 2 hours. And then I ain't worth nothing anyway, so it's no big deal. And when are you going to PM me your phone # on that ammo. Last one you sent was BR 549 and I ended up talking to some slow talking idiot who wanted to sell me an old junk car. I have enough junk cars now with my Model A's.

Tommy

P.S. Take care of that knee buddy!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
The next 5 days here, the sun is expected to be shining, the temp peaking at 80 or below. I hope to go shooting every day - unless I run out of ammo. Tommy and Buster, sorry to hear about your creaky old bodies. Have you tried spreading out ~6 ounces of bourbon over the afternoon and evening?

[I use the bourbon as a preventative, regularly enough so I don't know what happens without it. PS I do my shooting - and reloading - in the mornings.]

Bob

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob,
I haven't had a cocktail in almost 20 years. One day I decided that 20 years of raising hell and running like a mad man wasn't worth it. Oh how I wish I had all the money I blew in taverns and bars. If I went down town and met my buddies, I would be worried if I didn't have at least a C note in my pocket because I would spend it all. Now if I had,( I say HAD) I would be on the phone and calling for more ammo. Don't get me wrong, I had a helluva good time when I was spending money and buying rounds and a lot of memories. Come to think of it, I have forgotten most of the memories and it ain't because of the years that have passed. It's because I would wake up in the morning, count my money and try to remember if I had a good time or not. :hammer:
Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I must have been a drunk in a past life because I can drink two beers and start to feel queezy. Most beers I have had at one time in my life was 5 and after I popped the sixth I was yelling into the toilet. I really hate the taste of alcohol anyway. I tried Long Island Ice Tee, well 3 of them in half hour then 5 minutes later it all came back up. I have had beers in fridge for over two years because someone brought them over. I did ask for a sweet drink once and the waiter brought me this 16 oz. glass and I downed it real quick. Turned out it was a hurricane drink. I didn't get sick but I sure was closest ever to being slobber faced.
Nope drinking is not enjoyable for me. In fact during my M/C riding days I was all the time kidded for drinking orange crush soda pop. The guys were going to form a club and said they would have dues for parties. I asked were they going to buy my orange crush and they said hell no. I said well I am not paying into your dues them. LOL I didn't join the club.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must have been a drunk in a past life because I can drink two beers and start to feel queezy. Most beers I have had at one time in my life was 5 and after I popped the sixth I was yelling into the toilet. I really hate the taste of alcohol anyway. I tried Long Island Ice Tee, well 3 of them in half hour then 5 minutes later it all came back up. I have had beers in fridge for over two years because someone brought them over. I did ask for a sweet drink once and the waiter brought me this 16 oz. glass and I downed it real quick. Turned out it was a hurricane drink. I didn't get sick but I sure was closest ever to being slobber faced.
Nope drinking is not enjoyable for me. In fact during my M/C riding days I was all the time kidded for drinking orange crush soda pop. The guys were going to form a club and said they would have dues for parties. I asked were they going to buy my orange crush and they said hell no. I said well I am not paying into your dues them. LOL I didn't join the club.
Forget the comment I meant about the grocery store then.

Tommy

P.S. My drink of choice is a Diet Coke from the soda fountain and not from a can or bottle. I want the ice to melt and dilute the Diet Coke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts