Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a GP100 back in 1993, 4" barrel, stainless steel, with Hogue grips and adjustable sights with the target trigger and FINALLY decided to fire it. Years ago, I put 25 rounds through it and put it away and left it alone. I was shooting some .38 sp. reloads my brother gave me last year for ammo. At first I couldn't hit the silo wall if I were inside until I adjusted the sights. I was shooting low and adjusted it to a 6 o'clock hold. After that I was pleasantly surprised on the accuracy @35 feet. I can't see much clearly farther than that. I put 50 rounds through it and had it on a bench rest. Then I shot my LW Commander and it did what is was supposed to do. Held all rounds on a 4" grid which is about the best I can do anymore. Only problem I had with the revolver is the front sight is black and the rear sight has a faint white outline and I was shooting at an NRA pistol target with a black center. Hard to see the target bulls eye. I would recommend a Ruger revolver to anyone interested in one although I have not had a chance to shoot the latest model that is out.

Tommy

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you won't need another box of shells until 2037. How was the trigger?

Trigger wasn't too bad. If I were going to use it for self dense/carry I would have the trigger worked on a little and possible polished. But you have to remember, I am used to shooting my LW Commander so that makes a difference. For plinking and range shooting the trigger is fine.

Tommy

·
Registered
147 Posts
I changed the front site on my GP100 to Hi Viz.....100% better.

Cheap fix is a dab of white or florescent nail polish or paint on the back of the front site.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I changed the front site on my GP100 to Hi Viz.....100% better.

Cheap fix is a dab of white or florescent nail polish or paint on the back of the front site.
I put a dab of red nail polish on the front sight of my Blackhawk .45. It helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts