Range report with my .357 Ruger

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Tommycourt, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I bought a GP100 back in 1993, 4" barrel, stainless steel, with Hogue grips and adjustable sights with the target trigger and FINALLY decided to fire it. Years ago, I put 25 rounds through it and put it away and left it alone. I was shooting some .38 sp. reloads my brother gave me last year for ammo. At first I couldn't hit the silo wall if I were inside until I adjusted the sights. I was shooting low and adjusted it to a 6 o'clock hold. After that I was pleasantly surprised on the accuracy @35 feet. I can't see much clearly farther than that. I put 50 rounds through it and had it on a bench rest. Then I shot my LW Commander and it did what is was supposed to do. Held all rounds on a 4" grid which is about the best I can do anymore. Only problem I had with the revolver is the front sight is black and the rear sight has a faint white outline and I was shooting at an NRA pistol target with a black center. Hard to see the target bulls eye. I would recommend a Ruger revolver to anyone interested in one although I have not had a chance to shoot the latest model that is out.

Tommy

2. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

So you won't need another box of shells until 2037. How was the trigger?

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Trigger wasn't too bad. If I were going to use it for self dense/carry I would have the trigger worked on a little and possible polished. But you have to remember, I am used to shooting my LW Commander so that makes a difference. For plinking and range shooting the trigger is fine.

Tommy

4. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

I changed the front site on my GP100 to Hi Viz.....100% better.

Cheap fix is a dab of white or florescent nail polish or paint on the back of the front site.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I put a dab of red nail polish on the front sight of my Blackhawk .45. It helps.