Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on my usual Sunday to the range and fired 90 rounds with my 6" SR1911 and my LW SR1911 Commander. At 35 feet, with the 6" 1911 my bullet spread was about 4". I fired about 25 rounds. Then I started using my LW and it was dead on. Please remember I had a trigger job done on it so it is much nicer to shoot. When I get some more money, I am going to do a trigger job on the 6". Anyway, I was shooting @35 feet also and my group was much tighter. My last 10 rounds I set the target @21 feet and in the corner of the target there is a 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" circular target. I fired 3 rounds, then 3 more and then 4 rounds. All were in the circle. Now yesterday I walked in with a clear mind, dry fired about 10 times, had my head out of my kun-ding (Hawaiian for butt) and let myself relax. It was very enjoyable as the temp was only 85 degrees yesterday. So Jim, Bob, and Buster, Magnum, you guys were all right last week when you said count it as a bad day and let it go. I did and it paid off! So thanks guys for the advise and hopefully I will bear it in mind. Sometimes I think without you guys I would be lost, cuz sometimes the silo door is hard to find!!!! :cryinglaugh:

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Geeze 85 degrees? Did you wear a sweater? I bet you had goose bumps.
I can't hit the barn door sometimes so I will not say anything. You actually listen to me? LOL

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
That's so great!!! I think all of us who shoot often have that day. Although very, very frustrating it's almost a test in a way. You passed ;)
As far as the boys....... Well as my husband tells me often...... Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while jk boys! You know I love ya!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Oh my Double R took a jab at us. Good thing she added the latter. That's ok Tommy knows he has gained some height from our pulling his legs.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Can you elaborate on the trigger work that you had done to the LW?

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I was waiting for this weeks Range report Tommy..

I just kinda knew that it was gonna turn out this way.:rolleyes:

Now you know....."The rest of the Story"..(Paul Harvey):)

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
That's so great!!! I think all of us who shoot often have that day. Although very, very frustrating it's almost a test in a way. You passed ;)
As far as the boys....... Well as my husband tells me often...... Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while jk boys! You know I love ya!
Hah! One of my old bowling teammates' favorite expression when he got a strike. He gave up the game last year. Says he is trying to figure out how to train his dog (a large male Lab) to grab him by a leg (or collar) and drag him home if he collapses during one of their 'nature' walks. Tommy, do you have a large dog?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Tommy better teach his little bowser to run home and get help because it sure couldn't drag Tommy home. Maybe it isn't to far from the silo door that Tommy speaks of finding.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you elaborate on the trigger work that you had done to the LW?
Hodge,
I took my LW Commander to my local gunsmith and had him refine the trigger. He said he polished and polished and replaced a spring but I have no idea as to which one. The trigger pull was almost 6lbs and he brought it down to 4lbs. I don't think I would want it any lighter as it has about 1/16" of travel before it fires. I have to be careful when I shoot my other Commanders as they have stock triggers and it's easy to pull on the LW before you are centered on your target (rookie mistake I did once). Thankfully it was pointed downrange however there is a lot of difference once you lighten the trigger.

Tommy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts