Range Report -- 10/22 with VQ Charging Handle/Spring

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Redleg, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Redleg

Redleg New Member

For no particular reason other than looks, I put the VQ charging handle onto one of my stainless 10/22s. It looks very cool. However, I noticed that when working the action it was somewhat "sticky" despite the fact that I had thoroughly lubed the bolt. Anyway, off to the range.

For the first 3 magazines about every third shot required me to work the action, eject a round, and basically reset the bolt. After about 30 rounds the failures were only occasional. After 100 rounds the gun was 100%. The action felt smoother. Obviously the spring on the VQ charging handle and spring were getting "broken in." When I got the gun home and cleaned it, the action felt much smoother. At least my copy of the VQ charging handle assembly obviously needed breaking in.

Was shooting Federal Automags and Remington Goldens, by the way. They function perfectly in the rifle now.

Anyway, just thought that I would report all that. The gun is now 100% reliable.

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Great report.....get a chance love to see pics of it...

3. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Quick and dirty pic of my 10/22 with VQ charging handle assembly. This particular rifle is tricked out with Tech Sights and a VQ "drop in" Marksman's trigger. Needless to say, this is one of my favorite rifles. With that Tech Sight, it will hold its own with rifles equipped with fancy optics at least at intermediate ranges.

[​IMG]

4. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Nice looking, I just put a Ruger lazer on my 10/22 take down tonight.

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Looks great..........I like that....