Range Finder info

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by phideaux, Jun 9, 2013.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I have been wanting a decent Laser Range Finder, for a long time.

I know how they work, but dont have a clue which ones ,brands, or types, to even begin looking at.

Anybody here got any opininions or suggestions?

Im getting ready to own one.

Jim

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Laser range finders are designed for applications requiring measurement of distance and other values such as speed, slope and angle. They can be used to range a target for precise distance & aim before shooting, for picking a club for golf...navigation, surveying parcels of land, etc. Usually a light source (laser beam) is sent out...bounced off an intended target...and relayed back to the unit that calculates the measurement into readable data for the user.

Names like Steiner, Swarovski, Leupold, Zeiss, Nikon, Redfield, Vortex, and Bushnell come to mind...with each costing according to magnification power, accuracy, lense & optics coatings, weatherproofing, options such as different reticles, ease of use with eye glasses, as well as size, weight, and camo/color options.

I too have been looking at the different options, variations, functions and costs for some time now...and have visited this site more that any other...due to cost / option description and comparison, and easy of navigation.

Hope this helps: http://www.opticsplanet.com/rangefinders1-best-rated.html

3. tater

tater New Member

The Nikon I have now is for 550yds. This is my next one I think..... MONARCH Gold Laser 1200 Team REALTREE Hardwoods Green

4. phideaux

Thanks,

I only want one for shooting at targets less than 600 yds.

That would be max distance for anything where I live .

I think a high magnificationis what I need ,my old eyes are just not so sharp anymore, and I was thinking no more than $300.00.

I like that Monarch 1200,but its relly more than I need.

Most of the ones at Shooters link are in my budget, just gotta match one up for my needs, and cost.

How hard are these to get them to report a accurate reading?

Jim

5. phideaux

Hey Tater,
    Thanks, I like that one, and it dont break the bank.

I will be shopping for a while, thats all part of the fun.

Thanks,

Jim