Range and weather report

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Tommycourt, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

After a 7 week hiatus I finally made it to the range. My wife has a very serious illness and can't hardly walk so I need to stay real close to home to help her.
    I finally got to fire my full size SR1911 and did pretty good with it. I had 2 fliers but the rest of my shots stayed in the 8-10 range which is about 4 inches. My LW Commander however was not quite as good. I had about 8 fliers due to the fact that my muscle memory has dissipated a little due to the fact I haven't been shooting. I was doing double taps and at a rapid fire pace.
    The range was warm. Temps here yesterday hit 114 and will continue to be higher this week. Mon through Thurs. supposed to hit 122+. Don't think of coming to Az if you think you have arthritis and the heat will help!!!
    I was shooting 230 gr. Berry plated, 4.5 gr. Bullseye, COAL 1.250 and distance was 25 feet. With practice my muscle memory will come back. I like to watch Hickok 45 as I am so envious of his range. The same goes for Jim.
    Jim, you are a very fortunate man to have the range you have. Punching paper is fine although hitting metal targets would be so much more fun.

Good luck to all and welcome to all new members!!!

Tommy

2. gumpy

gumpy New Member

It's good to hear you're out and about again. The year has not been kind to you has it? Have you any help to care for your wife?

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

We are fortunate as we have a lot of friends plus the support of her son and grandchildren. I guess you could say we are blessed. Their are times when I believe that God tests us in our resolve and in our beliefs and this is one of those times. We thank all of your for your thoughts and prayers and wish all of you the best of luck in your lives.

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of you on this forum.

Tommy

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Sorry to hear about your wife, Tommy. Prayers for her and for you coming your way.

If you continue to have trouble with the LW commander, feel free to send it my way, I've got a nice place for it and promise to keep it well fed :cheesy:

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey Tommy,

I sure hate to hear that your wife is having health problems.

Hang in there my friend, this too shall pass.

I'd gladly give up those steel targets , and every gun I own , if it would make your wife better.

Prayers for your entire family.

We care, so if possible, keep us posted on how its going.

Jim

6. hodge

hodge New Member

My dad is going through similar motions. My mom's health is failing, but her mind isn't. She doesn't want outside help, because it's embarrassing for her (she's not stubborn, just sensitive). My dad does the majority of taking care of her, which means he can't get outside nearly as much. He is almost 80, but still very active (meaning he has a lot of outside interests, and responsibilities). My wife and I live close, so we give them their space, but help when they ask.

7. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Tommy we've been wondering we're you've been.
    Your a good man and I know your wife appreciates the dedication and love.
    You and your wife are in our prayers.
    Maybe some dry firing while your not at the range? Just a thought to keep your muscle memory. I'm sure you got something around there you can dry fire. ;)
    Keep in touch! Sending healing prayers!

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Hodge,

I completely understand the circumstances your dad is facing. Although frustrating at times, we have to help whenever possible and do whatever we need to do. My wife is the same way with being sensitive. Her determination is what keeps her going and I am sure your dad is her strength and understanding. I hope all works out for your mother and we will keep her in our hearts and prayers also. May God bless your family and I wish you all the best.

Tommy

9. allenr

allenr Member

Sorry to hear of your trial and tribulation. I think all of us here know you are up to handling it. It's is good that you have some local support. Having dealt with mu wife's 20 years old fighting four cancers Inknow just how important support it, and how just an hour or two of relief can keep you going at it for days.

Tommy, I wish both of you well, and I'll keep that thought in my prayers.

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Allen,

Thank you so much!!!!

Tommy

11. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear of your wife's problems, prayers and well wishes buddy.