Random thought.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Splinter067, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Splinter067

Splinter067 New Member

I'm going to unintentionally alienate a few people with this thread and I apologize. However, a thought struck me. In my experiences the overwhelming majority of gun owners are God fearing conversations. But, how many of us are more liberally and secularly minded? I feel like a bit of a rarity in the gun ownership world. I'm mostly a liberal Atheist. I'm not looking to out anyone or start some sort of an argument. I'm just curious if I'm the exception or the rule in this case since it seems a lot of far left leaners tend to frown upon firearms of any sorts.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Gun forums from my experience are much like everything else. People of all beliefs are everywhere. I don't care to argue with people. I will tell where I stand and if all I get is attacked then I find it best to let it go. I think it is best to find out if I am hearing unsubstantiated opinion or factual thinking. I find many people don't believe outside of coincidences just happen. Personally I believe there are no such thing as coincidences.
    People are so bombarded with what "they" want people to believe and we don't hear any discussion to the contrary about it. Mind control is and has been a science which has been mastered a long time ago. People are intentionally kept to busy so as not to have time for researching. Obama doesn't want to disarm people and basically shut down the internet as we know it today for the heck of it. The internet is the last form of free speech for the people. The internet also makes it hard to keep the people dumbed down.
    I have to much time on my hands and I have been in awe by what I have learned. I hope people that hate guns never have to wish they had one and knew how to use it. Funny how governments have known there is a power greater than themselves and they do use it, but they want the people to think that is just nonsense. Mothers against guns is prime example of ignorance in their face. Funny how politicians have armed body guards. According to politicians they themselves should be scared to have an armed body guard.
    LOL perhaps I have told you more than you wanted to hear. Oh well so be it.

3. Splinter067

Splinter067 New Member

I'm going to admit. At this late hour and the fact my brain is currently in power saver mode, your post was pretty chaotic for me to read. But I digress.

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

LOL to much sharing eh?

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

:D

Yeah, probably too much information - and on a diagonal to your query.

Maybe a little more directly related... Near as I can determine from the general run of opinions, I am a left-leaning moderate - who has owned guns for over 60 years. Haven't shot anybody though.

There is at least one avowedly liberal/Liberal gun owners' forum around. I don't know the policy here, so I won't name it; a rather simple Google search will find it, anyway. The gun attitudes seem pretty owner-conventional, but there are some social militant/liberals there.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Funny how politicians have armed body guards. According to politicians they themselves should be scared to have an armed body guard.

Enter the way of thinking that makes too much sense to the anti-gun liberals. I also have been shooting for almost 60 yrs., never shot anyone, have always regarded a weapon as a tool or something that can give you pleasure and take away any anguish that you may have accumulated. A trip to the range is something I do weekly, and while fixating on my target, I forget about all other things that may have come up in my day that have caused me some pause. I have my beliefs as others have theirs and I respect their thoughts hoping they will reciprocate and respect mine. If you tell a lie long enough and enough times, the ignorant will start to believe it. When they run out of logic then they will resort to emotion and sometimes violence. We all witnessed that in Ferguson, Mo. After a politician has served his/her term in office, they are afforded all the luxuries of having body guards to protect their lives and things they have accumulated in life. One exception was Harry Truman. He and Bess, after his term as president, drove back to their home town in their privately owned car. He refused Secret Service protection!
    Today we have PACS that will spend billions of dollars to ascertain what they feel is best for all. Whereas, you, I, and others don't have nor possibly need services like that rendered, we are supposed to adhere to their core beliefs. I believe I have stated enough here and to go on would be a senseless waste of time. As a lifetime member of the NRA, you most certainly understand my belief and that is all that is important.
    Tommy

P.S. Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying: " The only infinite things that exist are the universe and the stupidity of man"

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I feel sorry for you...alone with nothing to live for or look forward to...

Don't worry...God will forgive you no matter what !!

Yea...I'm a God lovin', Gun Totin' Republican...and proud of it !!

...now, back to guns & ammo !!! :rolleyes: