Question about LC9S

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by lovetoshoot, Dec 7, 2014.

1. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

I have a new LC9S, about 200 rounds now, wants to shoot low (factory sights). I had some other people shoot it and they had the same results. Has any one else had this problem. Thoughts on a Veridian green laser ?

2. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

You didn't say what kind of sight picture you are using. Most defensive type pistols are meant to use a "center of target" sight picture. If you use a "six o clock" sight picture it will shoot low.

Many times different ammo will shoot to different points of aim.

A better answer for you would require more info, ie distance, ammo, sight picture used.

3. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I just traded my standard LC9 for a S model a few weeks ago. The standard shot directly to POA with a 6:00 hold but the S is about 1 1/2" low with the same hold. (Distance is 25 feet.) I think that, realistically speaking, the LC is made for putting the front dot in the middle of the target and putting lead there as fast as possible. It ain't for cutting out the 10 ring. I enjoy shooting mine much more since I realized that. Good luck and happy shooting!

4. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

more info. 10 yards, center sight picture, Remington UMC roundball. 115 gr.
    Idid not have a bench rest but I did try bracing the gun as best as I could, didn't seem to help. This is probably not a gun intended for target shooting at 30 feet, but should do better than this. The sights are 3 dot and very small dots at that.

5. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

It is hard to properly judge where the gun shoots, without a good solid consistent rest. Then you should shoot several different brands and bullet weights, include several rounds of defense ammo.

If the pistol still shoots low, then you may want to change/modify the sights. Some pistols are just ammo sensitive.

Keep us updated. :D