Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a decline in a ruger’s quality? I am a ruger fan through & through, but my new stuff isn’t as reliable as the old. I love all the new designs, but my new ruger American for instance, 9mm, light strikes all the time. Doesn’t matter the ammo. I’ve since put in a stronger striker spring and only slightly helped. Plus it’s my most inaccurate pistol

Thoughts?

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
What a surprise ... ANOTHER light striking Ruger striker fired pistol.
I sent mine (SR9c) back to Ruger a couple of times...
Sold it without firing it when it came back the last time! Lesson learned.

MagBlackhawk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve heard some complaints about the newer 10/22’s. I have no complaints at all about my two newer Rugers, SR22 and American 45. Both have been outstanding, accurate and reliable.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thoughts?
Yeah I got some, you come on here with your first post like a paid troll. And you ain't been heard from since. I got news for you kid, I've own Glocks, Sigs, Rugers, S&W and Beretta's and on any given day on one of their forums you hear the same crap about their guns.

People who truly know handguns will figure out that Rugers American compact is the untold best out there for the cost. Neither a compact nor a subcompact but in between those two.
Do your homework.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Has anyone noticed a decline in a ruger’s quality? I am a ruger fan through & through, but my new stuff isn’t as reliable as the old. I love all the new designs, but my new ruger American for instance, 9mm, light strikes all the time. Doesn’t matter the ammo. I’ve since put in a stronger striker spring and only slightly helped. Plus it’s my most inaccurate pistol

Thoughts?
Thoughts on your weapon? Thoughts on Ruger? Idk about your personal firearm but I can tell you about mine. I have two Rugers: an SR 1911 and an AR 556 both have been flawless despite exactly one ftf with the 1911 over the coarse of a little over 1000 rounds fired. Also, with the AR I am consistently hitting 1 MOA groups at 100 yards after zeroing in the rifle. I cannot speak to the striker fired product but I couldn’t be happier with my two Ruger firearms. In my case, I believe I really got the most gun for my dollar. Opinions may vary but that’s mine :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have had almost zero issues with Ruger. After H&R discontinued the Handi Rifle which I collected, i decided to sell them and replace with Rugers, so all my Rugers, except 2, a MkII and a Security Six, are less than 5 years old.

My RAPc has been flawless, except for a magazine that went bad. Ruger replaced it up front. Absolutely no other issues. Even with the bad magazine, the pistol worked fine, it just would not lock the slide back on the empty mag.

My other complaint is the rotary mags on the American rifle line. I have had feeding issues. Of course the American Rifles are now available with AR or AI mags. Which fixed that problem.

I am very happy with my Rugers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts