QC on Sp101

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Blacklions, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Blacklions

Blacklions New Member

Purchased new Sp101, 3", added Hogue grips. After first 10 cycles, ejector got pissy, but worked. After about 250 rds the cylinder, when pushing on ejector, literally slid 1/2 off. Took back to LGS, revolver is now at Ruger...been there a week, unsure how long they'll keep it.

Yesterday, found a 4", Older but polished stainless GP100 used at same LGS. Snatched it up. Dry fired instore without issue. First 100 rds, hammer when used SA, would seize up about every three rds.

Back to LGS, yep, they say a manu. defec...timing? ....to Ruger it'll go too. LGS states the odds of this nonsense from 2 Rugers is nuts....but their dewin me right. Since i also got a NIB RugerAmerican .308 about 3 months ago, Imma bit nervous now about Ruger Quality Cntrol....tho rifle has thus far worked flawlessy.

Flukes of nature from Ruger or others had any of same issues?
    Both revolvers are .357 tanks BTW...love the guns, just concerned about reliability.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,

Jim

3. Blacklions

Blacklions New Member

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

All I can tell you is that Ruger is the best customer service in the gun business, from my experience,

and , I'm bettin that every member on this forum will tell you the same thing.

Too bad you had these problems, but, Ruger will make you happy, when all is said and done.

Jim

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

First off, welcome to the forum! :welcome:

The odds of you getting TWO defective rugers is rare. Ruger will, without a doubt, take care of ya.

I own several, and have shots tons, of rugers and they remain my favorite manufacturer of all time.

Here are two of my favorites:
    IMG_1304.jpg

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the forum. Ruger WILL take care of any problems that you may have. I can tell you from personal experience and so can many of my cohorts on this forum will too. They will send you a box and do the work very expeditiously and return your gun without any charges. First of all you need to call customer service and let them know the problem. You will receive a box along with a form to fill out and most usually you will have your gun back within a weeks time. The customer service people take great pride in what they do.

Again, welcome and thanks for joining our group. Many good guys and gals on here and they will welcome you with open arms and share a lot of information.

Tommy from the land of eternal desert and heat - Az.

7. Blacklions

Blacklions New Member

Hey Savage,
    Beautiful wheel guns!
    Thats about what LGS guy said...[Re: two...rare]. He actually felt bad for me...but hey, if the Ruger CS is 1/2 of what I've heard, I should be happy with the outcome. These are my 1st Rugers, so hate it's happened...but I do Love the guns...wouldn't stop me from buying another in a quick min. Still curious if anyone else might have experienced same issues tho. Gotta say, for carry the SP101 is a work of art. For range + HD, that bloody GP100 is Boss. Thanks for warm welcome to the forum.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    RogerRuger likes this.
  8. Blacklions

Blacklions New Member

Hey Tommy,
    The LGS actually treated me with white gloves and took care of the return. But the sooner they can getum back to me the happier I'll be. Love shooting these revolvers...and the SP with 357 is just plain fun. Thanks for the welcome home to the forum.

9. Blacklions

Blacklions New Member

Hey Jim,
    Hear nothing but good about Ruger CS. I'll post pix when i get em both back from them...and truly cant wait!!