Ruger Talk Forums banner

property

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  berettabone 
#1 ·
Well, I think the hard part might be over...............the wife and I have been looking for property up "nort" from us for about 3 years, off and on. We put in an offer, and I think it will be accepted this weekend. Only 3 acres, but behind the house is nothing but trees for miles and miles. I feel a shooting berm in my future. Not many covenants, so life should be easy. Needed a place to get away from the madness. 3 bed, 2 bath, 32' x 48' garage, very few neighbors, none that you can see from the property, and natural gas hookup, not propane, which was big for me. The berm is my first project. I may have to talk to the town constable and a couple neighbors, to eliminate visits because of shooting. Between the Petenwell Flowage and the Castle Rock flowage...great fishing, great hunting, great hiking...........near the Necedah Wildlife area. Can't wait................

#3 ·
They'll have to be....................no shooting covenants..................I'll introduce myself and explain the situation. If they don't like it, I guess they'll have to live with it. I usually am a responsible shooter. No nights, no holidays, no problems.

#7 ·
I know the area your refering to, it is gorgeous outback country up there.
I lived in Lake Geneva 13 yrs,

Keep us informed how its going.

Jim

#11 ·
Well, looks like it's a go.....................accepted offer, inspections scheduled, we're off to the races. Can't wait to get started on my shooting berm. Probably have to wait until next year though.............I'll still manage to get a few shots off.

#12 ·
Wish :dizzy:
i would have done that years ago , to old now . Good for you and your Wife

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.