property

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by berettabone, Jul 11, 2015.

1. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Well, I think the hard part might be over...............the wife and I have been looking for property up "nort" from us for about 3 years, off and on. We put in an offer, and I think it will be accepted this weekend. Only 3 acres, but behind the house is nothing but trees for miles and miles. I feel a shooting berm in my future. Not many covenants, so life should be easy. Needed a place to get away from the madness. 3 bed, 2 bath, 32' x 48' garage, very few neighbors, none that you can see from the property, and natural gas hookup, not propane, which was big for me. The berm is my first project. I may have to talk to the town constable and a couple neighbors, to eliminate visits because of shooting. Between the Petenwell Flowage and the Castle Rock flowage...great fishing, great hunting, great hiking...........near the Necedah Wildlife area. Can't wait................

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Sounds great. I hope the neighbors are great too.

3. berettabone

They'll have to be....................no shooting covenants..................I'll introduce myself and explain the situation. If they don't like it, I guess they'll have to live with it. I usually am a responsible shooter. No nights, no holidays, no problems.

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

That's awesome! Look forward to hearing you got the keys and seeing the progress you make in making it home. :)

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Sounds like you found your dream being fulfilled in real life. I wouldn't move back into the city for anything.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I hope it works out for you. Sure beats living in the valley and seeing all those trees has to make you a happy man! I am happy and both envious. Good for you and go for it!!!!!!
    Tommy

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I know the area your refering to, it is gorgeous outback country up there.
    I lived in Lake Geneva 13 yrs,

Keep us informed how its going.

Jim

8. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Hunting Lodge perhaps? Rent rooms? :D

9. berettabone

It has crossed our minds, to defray costs, but renting it out any more than 14 days a year, you have to deal with Uncle Sammie. We'll see.......................

10. berettabone

They won't even let me in Lake Geneva:p

11. berettabone

Well, looks like it's a go.....................accepted offer, inspections scheduled, we're off to the races. Can't wait to get started on my shooting berm. Probably have to wait until next year though.............I'll still manage to get a few shots off.

12. Sorcerer

Sorcerer Sorcerer

Wish :dizzy:
    i would have done that years ago , to old now . Good for you and your Wife

13. berettabone

I've been checking out the Acreage Bullet Catch..................looks like a decent system.....................maybe I can find someone up there to make me something cheaper.