Ruger Talk Forums banner

Problems with Ruger customer service

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  buster40c 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a sr556e from Gander Mountain online, when I received it , it turned out to be a sr556esc, GM has insisted that I received the rifle I ordered and refuses to rectify the situation, I contacted Ruger customer service just to get their input as to the differences between the two models and despite several emails from me over the past two weeks I've received no answer. Has anyone else had problems getting a response from Ruger?

#7 ·
Perhaps what Gunslinger says is why GM says you got the gun you ordered. Do you see any difference in the model between what you ordered sr556e and what you received the sr556esc?

#8 ·
The GM prefix designates it as a "state compliant " model. If you look on Gander Mountain's order page for that particular rifle you will see the difference in the item numbers as well as the description of the rifle. The only physical difference that I know of is that you were shipped 10 round mags instead of 30 rounders. Other than the mags, Spec wise and physically they are identical.

Is it possible you clicked the wrong box when you ordered it?

#11 ·
Spoke with GM customer service, they insist I got what I ordered, when I told them I was staring at the copy of my order and the box which say 2 different things the rep said there was nothing else he could do and ended the call. Since then I have sent 2 more emails to GM customer service and have not gotten a reply.

#12 · (Edited)
I believe Gander mountain and Academy both have policies that any problem with a gun after the buyer goes out the front door will have to deal with the manufacturer. I just wonder if that is why GM isn't wanting to help you? You might check your receipt to see if that is what is in the fine print. Also like Guinslinger said, did the model you ordered say it came with 25 round mags or 10 round mags. If your model said 25 rnd mags but what you received came with 10 round mags then that could be your point of not getting what you ordered.
I think you should CALL Ruger. The email approach isn't that great with Ruger from my experience. Make the call but first make sure you have all your ducks in a row like the 25 or 10 round mag difference.

#13 ·
I don't see how any of this would be Ruger's responsibility at all. If you have an order form clearly showing you ordered Model A it's the responsibility of Gander Mt to correctly deliver Model A. However, there's also responsibility of the customer to make sure what they ordered is what they're buying as well. Curious why this wasn't identified before filling out the 4473?

#14 ·
I never implied it was Ruger's fault, I contacted them in order to get some info on the specific differences between the 2 models, my question regarding customer service was that I hadn't received a response from Ruger despite 2 emails. Without question I should have been more careful when picking up the rifle from GM, It really should be a simple fix, a little more paperwork and getting the rifle I had ordered, I would think GM would want to resolve this quickly and simply, it's not like I'm asking for anything extra like a discount, just the rifle I ordered.

#15 · (Edited)
Go to your local GM and ask for the phone number for the area general manager. Not the store general manager but the area manager over all the area stores. Tell him what happened and I think you will get some satisfaction.
I still say call Ruger to find out what if any difference the SC has. If there is a difference then call GM about the differences. It could be that GM orders all these guns by the state compliant guns to protect the various state liabilities not knowing where each gun might be purchased.

#16 ·
I agree with calling Ruger on the phone.
I've only called them about 6 or 8 times thru the years but they've always been happy to talk to me about their firearms.

When I needed CS from some other brands, I found out Ruger rocks, Big Time!
I won't mention any names but a couple of em start with mos and ends with etta!:oops:Did I say too much.....:duck:Dang, just lost my nice guy award.

#17 ·
I received a response from GM after contacting the BBB. They apologized and admitted that they had incorrectly titled the rifle as a sr556e instead of a sr556esc. They have offered to knock off $75.00. They claim that everything else was accurate in the product description, however, I am sure that in other descriptions of the 556e there were no folding battle sights, The rifle I got had them, and the photo on the webpage has them. Do you guys think GM is being truthful or just trying to get me off their back?

#18 ·
If you are not satisfied with their offer then perhaps you can tell them no it isn't the gun you ordered and you want your money back. I guess it depends how dissatisfied you are about the gun you received.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.