Problem with Mark III

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mpj76a, Jan 24, 2017.

1. mpj76a

mpj76a New Member

Hello,

New to the forum.

I have a Mark III pistol. Never had any issues with it. Probably has around 500 rounds through it. All of a sudden it won't extract/eject. It fires and the empty case stays in the gun. I've cleaned it thoroughly, including a detail strip of all the bolt parts. Everything feels smooth. It will manually cycle unfired rounds without any problems. The extractor spring pressure feels just like buddy's gun. I've only used it with the "golden bullet" high velocity ammo. For testing I also tried Geco 22. No difference. It doesn't matter if it's 3 rounds or 10 rounds in the mag. It's as if the bolt is only going back a little bit and putting the same casing back into the chamber. A fresh round doesn't get stripped. Anything I can try next?

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I am guessing the problem could be due to the magazine. Does it have the problem with any magazine or just one of the mags?
    You might also check to see if the magazine is locking fully up into place.

3. mpj76a

mpj76a New Member

Unfortunately it's the only magazine I have. I just finished removing the loaded chamber indicator to see if that helps. Always hated that thing anyway. I'll try firing it without any mag to see it if extracts.

4. mpj76a

mpj76a New Member

It works fine now. LCI removal did the trick.

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Huh. Glad you got it fixed!

6. cjs1945

cjs1945 Member

mpj76a, did you just remove the LCI and try it with it removed, or did you replace it with an aftermarket filler part?

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for joining us,

Tons of info here

Jim

8. mpj76a

mpj76a New Member

I removed the obtrusive metal portion. The long, plastic factory part remains. No aftermarket filler used. I've since watched a bunch of youtube videos and went all out. I polished all fire control surfaces and removed the magazine disconnect as well. Trigger is much nicer now.

9. DUNTOV

DUNTOV New Member

The only problem now is the pistol gives the false indication that is unloaded, you are better of leaving the LCI out completely, or using an LCI filler

10. mpj76a

mpj76a New Member

This is true. I would replace it if I ever sold it or inform the new user about the mod. For me, however, I never notice the thing anyway. Too much muscle memory over the years. I typically just pull the bolt back to confirm before my brain gets around to thinking "look/finger the LCI".

11. cjs1945

cjs1945 Member

Replaced the LCI on my Mk III Hunter with a Tandemkross stainless replacement filler, now it runs flawlessly again. Put one in my 22/45 Lite also, just to avoid the potential problem they both look much better than the plastic part and are much easier to clean.