Prints on Rounds

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by Ernesto, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

So for my pistola's when I carry them for personal protection - rather than target shooting - I load my guns wearing surgical gloves as not to get finger prints on the rounds.
    Not that I'm any sort of criminal element, just in case something happens and I decide it's best to scat. Am I being anal about this? Do prints stay on ammo after being fired or am I watching to many cop shows?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Well there is a reason many criminals use revolvers.
    I don't see why a print would not be useful after a round was fired.
    Say someone steals some of your ammo that your fingers had touched and then they commit a crime leaving that spent casing on the ground. Yeah it may be anal thinking but then again it is poor planning that gets criminals caught. In this case it might not be the criminal that gets busted.

3. Ernesto

Well yes that and say I'm down by the border (which I do alot on inspections out in the boonies) and run into some criminal element crossing the border and they want to take my truck - I may decide I don't want to stick around for some eternal investigation. Course we all know the legal implications of leaving the scene of a shooting. Maybe a crack head tries to shake u down for money etc, and theres no witnesses. I wouldn't trust that I wouldn't be sued and go through some long costly trial.
    Sticking around to collect spent ammo is nothing I'd want to do.

4. buster40c

So get yourself a revolver and dont' worry about it.

5. Ernesto

If I were a horse riding cowboy I might.

6. buster40c

How did you know I am a horse riding cowboy? Was it my heavy southern draw?

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    We could tell by the way you walk. All those cowboys have bowed legs and wear spurs on tennis shoes. We could hear you a mile away.
    Tommy

8. Ernesto

LOL yer all funny. I bet Buster has two six guns on and a derringer in his boot....er tennis shoe.

9. buster40c

Oh it is pick on buster thread is it? L ...... M......... A ............ O .........oops there is that draw

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  10. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

Ernesto;
    I have done the same thing.