Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the toughest time finding 9mm ammo...( not PD just full metal jacket stuff )...There is a gun shop pretty close to me that had some Blazer Brass, box of 50 for $37.95 plus tax.....I about passed out when I seen the price. The rest of his ammo was a few dollars more than retail..not that big of a deal. But I felt he was gouging with the 9mm because its so hard to find....Is this happening in other areas?....:mad:

I was also at the Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and asked the boy in the sports dept about ammo...he told me that these retired guys are there every moring when they put out ammo and buy it all up and resell it....give me a break...I cant do that I have a job and have to be at work...This ammo hording has got to stop sometime.....:mad:........Sorry for venting...:(

· NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome letter....wish all business would be that way...

· NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with selling at a retail price and making a fair margin...I know the business has overhead and has bills to pay.....But please, it was so obvious they were gouging on the 9mm......I guess I just get frustrated when trying to buy a box or two of ammo to shoot.....I just miss the days when you could go and buy a few boxes of ammo without the drama... :confused:

· NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I still wonder if gouging is going on in other areas?

· NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The guy at wally world was lying. Walmart has stopped ordering ammo because they can't get the extra 20% discount they got before the panic. Winchester, Federal and CCI told Walmart they must pay the same price as gun stores and Walmart said no. Early in January a memo was sent from the home office to all stores giving them a list of excuses to use when answering question why they do not have ammo. I got this information from a very close friend that is a store manager.

As for prices so dealers have become gready SOBs. Last week I was at a gun show and one dealer was selling 20 year old boxes of ammo as new. He was telling people that Winchester had made a retro batch of ammo. The truth was that it was old ammo forgotten by a local police depart for more than 20 years stored in an outside bunker.

I expect that a lot of new people to our hobby have been lied to and will lose interest in guns because of dealer greed.
I could see that happening.....does make you wonder....:confused:

· NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have done so much searching on the internet looking for ammo....everywhere I try is out of stock......I dont mind to buy local....and I dont mind paying a few dollars over retail.....but $12.00 to $15.00 over retail for 9mm full metal jacket stuff is crazy....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.