Price for gun free zones.

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by buster40c, Oct 1, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Here we go again with another college shooting. So far 15 reported dead and around that many injured. How high of an IQ does it take to realize gun free zones get people killed not protected?
    I think if you are going to take my self preservation of life away from me then you better make sure my life is protected. How many more people have to die because not being realistic that criminal sick minded people go into gun free zones to kill and get attention? I am surprised law suits have not been brought against businesses that take a persons rights away but at the same time fail to protect people.
    If I can I will not enter a place that cares all about their own fear of a law suit over my right to protect myself.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

There is always an inherent degree of risk living in a free society. This is, of course, mitigated to an extent in a truly free society as the citizens are allowed to defend themselves.

When you put living creatures in a cage and decide what they shall and shall not have on a daily basis, you become responsible for their well being and must accept the blame when tragedy occurs.

Gun-Free Zones are not components of a free society. When loss of life due to criminal intrusion occurs in such government mandated areas, the creators of said Zones are directly responsible and should be held publicly accountable. It is their policies that ended the life of those innocents...who trusted those "officials" with their young "CHRISTIAN" lives...

One school guard with pepper-spray...are you kiddin' me....!? ( I'm really biting my tongue here )

An immediate abolition of all Gun-Free zones and other such social engineering constructs that emerge from the liberal progressive minds of those wishing to control citizens in the manner of subjects using deceitful perception as their tools to control the masses with their anti-gun agendas should also NOT BE TOLERATED

All schools should have at least one guard who is a retired LEO...armed with a gun and the where to all to use same in defense of the unarmed in their charge. A county in Pennsylvania has done just this....NOT waiting for a incident to happen before they took action.

The Butler County school district’s hiring requirements for guards were at once simple and absolute: only retired state troopers with 20 years of experience who owned a gun and could pass a 60-round shooting test.

(Those parents sleep better at night...knowing that their kids were at least somewhat protected...and that the word is out that their kids are under guard.)

** Condolences and prayers to all those affected by this tragedy **

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

3. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I wouldn't go back to school without a #2 pencil and a Glock 19.

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Make mine a #2 pencil and a .45 1911. I may be short on rounds but I will have enough pencils to throw while I try to reload. NO GUN zones are an invite for the evil minded person to shoot and not be afraid of retribution. If no one else is carrying for SD, he will have a hey day like he did in Oregon. Smart people would NOT display the NO GUN zone signs. If a shooter is in doubt that he might/would be hit back, he might think twice before he takes any action. Try to tell that to a congressman or congress woman.

Tommy

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

From Shooter13's post: "The Butler County school district’s hiring requirements for guards were at once simple and absolute: only retired state troopers with 20 years of experience who owned a gun and could pass a 60-round shooting test."

I like this, though it is probably too restrictive in one way and not enough in another. Other than state trooper experience should be acceptable, and in fact many state troopers can go whole careers without coming under fire or even having a gun pointed at them. Combat vets who have passed a qualifying psych eval should be considered, and there are other possibilities too.

I even like the idea of issuing 'Concealed Carry Permits w/Privileges' for such people, who have the training to act intelligently in public places. I don't know just how LEOs would recognize them, but there must be a way.

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I went to my County Courthouse ,yesterday, to pay my property taxes, and left my sidearm in the car.... because they have a big sign , NO GUNS ALLOWED.

But, I felt really safe...cause I know the idiot , that has a problem with the Clerk, will not come in shooting. Why?..because of that sign..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I always feel naked without my partner in my belt.

Only law abiding people , abide by the law.

Jim

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I sure hope you didn't have your NRA hat and T shirt on because that alone would have scared some people. That might have even got you strip searched.

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Funny thing is I don't care to wear a cap because it makes my scalp itch. BUT I do have an NRA cap and a Glock cap which I don't wear. I was working at a car show that one of our clubs put on and they asked me to help with the music and the microphone. That day I was wearing my Glock cap. Some people were a little standoffish and I had no idea why. I asked one of my buddies what the deal was. He said "it's your hat". Now this may sound silly but some people have preconceived notions that if you wear any type of gun cap or the NRA, they get turned off or apprehensive. Only time I wear a cap is in the winter time out here cuz I wear my hair short and our winters can get cold (for us anyway). Now we are in a public area where there are armed police and armed guards (military) and no one seemed to be afraid of them. But since I had only a cap on, the public took a different viewpoint. I did have my .45 with me but it was under my shirt and could not be seen. It's how the public perceives a situation, then they make up their minds. Today our congress people are pursuing a theocracy that if you are a 2nd amendment supporter or who believes in carrying a weapon, you are a bad guy. This is a state with open carry. Obama and Hildebeast are both running the same agenda. As Hildebeast stated, she will do everything she can to curtail the sale and manufacturer of guns and says the gun manufacturers should be held responsible for the deadly shootings. So if some child should choke on a lollipop, then the candy maker should be held accountable. However reasoning does not have a place in our society-just let present emotion rule the roost. I fail to understand where they get their facts and how they can spew out these crazy ideas. If this is the "ME" generation, then the ME's should take responsibility for their actions. End of rant.

Tommy

9. Reloader54

Reloader54 Reloader54

The Anti-gunners just don't seem to get it that GUN FREE ZONES don't work. Yet they keep saying that if it SAVES JUST ONE LIFE THAT IT"S WORTH IT. Well I we say the same thing that IF GETTING RID OF GUN FREE ZONE WOULD SAVE ONE LIFE THAN IT"S WORTH IT AS WELL. And if we look back at the mass shooting from around 2006 to now. All but one was done in a GUN FREE ZONE. The only one that was not in a GUN FREE ZONE was the one where Rep. Giffords was shot in front of a Safeway store in Tucson, AZ. So it would make sense to get rid of Gun Free Zones to save lives.

10. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Unfortunately, it's a fact that anti-gunner's deal with everything on an emotional level, rather than a rational level. Most everything is an immediate reaction, rather than a thought through process. Drama is the leader in many of their daily dealings......................most cannot live without drama in their lives. They like to dramatize life, and ignore reality. You will never change their mind about anything to do with firearms. If your a religious person, all you can do, is pray for them, and hope their foolishness/ignorance doesn't get them or their family members hurt or killed. Their hatred for a mechanical device, only dangerous when controlled by man/woman over rides common sense. They actually think that this firearm is dangerous, even when not in a humans hands. Most are afraid of something that they know absolutely nothing about. Over the years, I have tried(with liberal friends) to occasionally talk to them about their feelings and my feelings concerning firearms. Yes, unlike many anti's who don't have conservative friends, I do have anti friends. I think that I got some of them, to start looking at firearms rationally, rather than in fear. I try my best, without being over bearing, to turn anti's around. I don't tell them that they should run out and purchase a firearm. I give them my perspective, and eventually, they come to understand that much of their fear is unwarranted. When they can see someone with a firearm, handle it safely, show it safely, use it safely, let someone else use it safely.............they begin to understand that these crazy killers are certainly not the norm, that with all of the firearms on the face of the earth, it won't stop, so maybe they better start getting prepared themselves, in what ever manner they choose. When it finally sinks in, that life is wonderful, but it's not all butterflies and rainbows, they might just get it. I wear firearms caps a lot................I really don't care what someone else thinks. Most of my anti friends understand that the sign thing is just a smoke and mirrors campaign to make the anti's feel safer, especially in my state, where if you are caught in a posted place, you're just asked to leave, or put your firearm in your car.

11. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

12. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Never forget that the drama llamas live on both sides of the fence.

13. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Our "lovely" governor just signed that those of us with CCW's can no longer carry on school grounds and if caught with 1 live round even with no weapon we go to jail. Got to love it

14. phideaux

Wow...thats crazy.

We are not alllowed to carry IN schools, but can have a weapon, in the car on school property. Better than nuttin.

Im sure its all "for the children":rolleyes:

Jim

15. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

It's in response to the Oregon shooting. So he says.

16. phideaux

Yep, another Sandyhook.

Them nasty , krazy , agressive, hateful , violent.....guns.:rolleyes:

im

17. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

I don't know how we all survive (rolling my eyes)

18. phideaux

Well, Im not to worried...

Ive got my guns well trained..
    They know not to misbehave,

Have you sat yours down and hada serious talk with them..?

Them little boogers will get outta control ya know.:rolleyes:

Jim

19. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

I haven't recently. Probably time for a refresher.
    Safety first ;)