Iowa Pretty quiet here.

Discussion in 'North Central USA' started by flashback, Jan 17, 2016.

1. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Just felt like this forum needed a new post as its been years since anyone posted here.
    Too damn cold out to do anything so we're going to go see 13 Hours at the theatre.
    Next weekend it's back to the range to get some more rounds through the RAP 9mm and the Sig Sauer P320 too. Last week I got about 50 rds through each of them in a side by side comparison. I've got to say that the RAP really impressed...I shouldn't be too surprised though as the SR40 I've had since 2011 has been a fantastic piece of equipment...with upwards of 9000 rds through it I absolutely love it.
    There's a gun show wrapping up in Altoona and there's a new kid in town GunShow next weekend down in Clive, IA that sounds interesting. Planning on hitting CrossRoads Shooting Sports for some range time, getting a bite to eat, and hitting the gun show....not necessarily in that order.
    Gene

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I also want to see 13 hours. I hear you will be pissed at our politicians afterwards. Please let us know how you like it.

Oh, WELCOME BACK!

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Trump has supposedly rented an Iowa theater to show that movie and he is giving away the tickets. Talk about a slam dunk on Hildebeast, this should put a few nails in her political coffin.

4. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Awesome movie....too bad that they kept it apolitical though, would have been nice to tie the "no back up" orders right around Obama and Hillary's necks.

5. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Truck Fump....I'll pay for my own ticket. He's got too many ties to the liberals for me to want to be beholden to him.

6. buster40c

Actually I agree with you. I am afraid he is the fox in sheep skin.

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah. I'd describe him as a bozo in his own skin.

8. buster40c

^^^^^^^^I think you are saying he is much like Obama then.

9. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

IMO....Trump is as much of a Narcissistic Opportunist Progressive Egomaniac as the current pResident...that type of leadership in the WH is the last thing we need as proven by the last 7 years as well as throughout history.
    Sorry to have taken this thread down the political sewer pipe.
    Let's get back to Rugers and firearms in general :)

10. buster40c

9000 rounds through an SR40? I am guessing you reload or have a good job. You should have shooting that SR40 into the 10 ring with that much shooting.

11. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

1 box a week for 4 years. Sounds like a duty weapon.

12. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Did alot of shooting there for awhile...range/IDPA/and even off the back porch :) The only nice thing about where the house is located!