Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deer Season 2021 -2022 I put out a few corn piles and salt licks trail cameras for the deer to see what the deer population looks like we will not hunt in these areas where the salt licks and corn piles are this is just to get an idea of how many big bucks we have on the property.

ENTER THE COYOTE HE MUST DIE HE IS THE LAST ONE ON THE PROPERTY! From AUG 2020 - AUG 2021, I have killed 57 Coyotes and 405 Feral Hogs. By looking at the photos in this one spot on the property our Buck Population looks good with some large antlered bucks. Got to get that coyote and soon.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm not a hunter and I don't need trail cams to know what wildlife exists around me; there are at least 20 does, 3 bucks, and 5 fawns that visit my property twice a day. After nearly decimating my shrubs and flowers I decided to give them something else to eat...I feed them corn and they also love raw peanuts. They remain within a 3 foot or closer distance of me while feeding them, and I also have 3 male turkeys that visit that love the birdfood I use in my birdfeeder, and they too come within 3 feet of me while I'm spreading the seed on my driveway for them. The latter roost up in the trees of my backyard at night.

It's nice to have friends in the neighborhood, even if they're covered in hair - or have the ability to fly :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not a hunter and I don't need trail cams to know what wildlife exists around me; there are at least 20 does, 3 bucks, and 5 fawns that visit my property twice a day. After nearly decimating my shrubs and flowers I decided to give them something else to eat...I feed them corn and they also love raw peanuts. They remain within a 3 foot or closer distance of me while feeding them, and I also have 3 male turkeys that visit that love the bird food I use in my birdfeeder, and they too come within 3 feet of me while I'm spreading the seed on my driveway for them. The latter roost up in the trees of my backyard at night.

It's nice to have friends in the neighborhood, even if they're covered in hair - or have the ability to fly :)
As a Nuisance Wildlife control operator, I have about 500 Acres to manage on just one property and I need the tail cameras to keep track of the White Tail, Turkey, Quail Nuisance Wildlife ie Armadillos, Hog & Coyotes. Here is a nice photo of a turkey and her young feeding at a Hog Feeder my camera picked up a pack of coyotes and I took out seven of them with a 12 Guage Semi Auto Six Shot 3" Mag BB steel shot the pack was channelized by brush 25 yards from my ladder stand I fired 6 shot scored 7 coyotes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts