Prayers for Prescott/Quad cities.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ArizonaHeat, Jun 19, 2013.

1. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Not sure how far the news has spread, but at 11:30ish am on tues June 18th a fire started in the Prescott National Forest. The fire originated about 3 miles outside of Prescott city limits and quickly spread to the northeast. As of the 6 pm news conference the fire has covered 5,000 acres and was 0% contained.

It looks like the city of Prescott took a near miss, but the fire is bearing down hard on the community of Williamson Valley and if allowed to continue in its present direction West Chino, Chino Valley, Paulden will all be in its path.

Please send this community your prayers, there is surely a Ruger employee or family member that will be touched by this disaster.

I have been taking a few pictures through out the day, will post them as I get a chance.

2. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

If you look at my avatar, in the background is little granite mountain, that was ablaze and hot spots can still be seen on it now at 1am.

3. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Plume of smoke at 5pm local time.

Attached Files:

4. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Taken at 7pm local time, that large peak is Granite Mountain, the next one to the left is little Granite. Williamson Valley is at the base if the mountain in the smoke plume.

Attached Files:

5. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Taken at 8pm local time, sun is setting so you can start to really make out the fire.

Attached Files:

6. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Taken at 8:30pm local time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  7. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Taken at 12:30 am local time...

Attached Files:

8. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Last Report I heard was around 300 homes were ordered evacuated. No word as to any injuries or property damage at this time.

9. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=120333&TM=25541.97

Here is a link to the local news coverage of the fire.

I was originally planning on getting up early and going to the range yesterday morning for a final tune up before an IDPA match I have this weekend. When my alarm when off I decided sleep was needed more, good choice seeing as the range was about a mile from the point of origin and in the evacuation area. Hoping it is still standing.

10. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=120333&TM=25541.97

Here is a link to the local news coverage of the fire.

I was originally planning on getting up early and going to the range yesterday morning for a final tune up before an IDPA match I have this weekend. When my alarm when off I decided sleep was needed more, good choice seeing as the range was about a mile from the point of origin and in the evacuation area. Hoping it is still standing.