PPU (Prvi Partizan) ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by RFF, Nov 1, 2017.

1. RFF

RFF Member

Anyone here have much experience with PPU (Prvi Partizan) ammo?

I picked up a couple boxes in 7mm-08. It is very reasonably priced. Looks well constructed. Reloadable brass cases, boxer primers and copper jacketed lead core bullets. Suppose to be non corrosive powder.

Haven't been able to get to the range with them yet. Will try to shoot them over the chronograph too.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I had bought many rounds of 30-30 and it worked okay but I only shot them setting up the scope. I sold the gun and 4 boxes of ammo and I still have maybe 10 boxes to sell now. I figured selling them for $10 a box and the best price I am seeing is $11.81 for a box of 20.

3. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I have a couple of Mosins I hunt with. I buy the PPU just to get the brass to reload with. The brass is good, the bullets are run of the mill soft points. They work well on CPX2 class game. I reloads the 180 grain SPH, and like that bullet better.

I also have a bit of PPU brass for 6.5x50SR that I use in my Arisaka. No issues there either.

RFF likes this.
  4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I've used it when the price was right for 2-3 years now; currently 40S&W 165gr "FPJ", which I translate as FMJ. Quality ammo, by me. And new .22-250 and 22 Hornet brass, also quality.

5. gumpy

gumpy New Member

It's all I use in my 8mm Mauser. So far, no problem. This is my fourth box.

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I have a bunch of it in 9mm. Cheap brass case, more cost effective to buy this than buy new brass and load that. So whenever my stash of brass gets low I buy it

7. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I got some PPU .223 with 69 grain Sierra match bullets once. That ammo is how I found out my gun doesn't like anything over 55 grain bullets. It sprayed them all over the place. But the ammo seemed to be of decent quality. A little dirty though.

8. bigedp51

bigedp51 New Member

I buy Prvi Partizan .303 British brass for my Enfield rifles. It is very good brass and thicker in the base than any other make cases. And I get more reloads from the Prvi .303 cases than any other brand.

I would say the Prvi Parizan brass is made Ford Truck Tough. :D

Below both .303 cases were fired in the same Enfield rifle. The Prvi case is a larger diameter and .010 thicker in the base web area and has thicker rims. Bottom line it did not stretch an thin on the first firing. If your 7mm-08 brass is made to the same high quality standards it should be very good brass.

[​IMG]

9. RFF

RFF Member

bigedp51 thanks for that info. I'm saving my brass. Not reloading 7mm-08 yet.

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Never had an issue with the 9mm and .45ACP I bought through Sportsman's Guide...priced $2-3 cheaper per box on sale.

11. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Excellent brass! They used to make Hornady brass I think!

12. RFF

RFF Member

I was comparing the PPU brass to the Remington, Winchester and Hornady brass I have on hand. The PPU brass appears more robust than the other three.

13. silveradoman59

silveradoman59 Member

I shoot PPU (Privi) in both of my Mosin's with no problem. Accuracy is pretty good, 2 inch or better groups at 100 yards. I also have some in 22-250 Remington that I reloaded.

RFF likes this.