Power vs Bullseyes

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Tommycourt, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I went to the range today and shot my 100 rounds as usual. I used my shells loaded with 4.5 grns. of Bullseye whereas last week I used Power Pistol. Recoil normal compared to the few Magtech new rounds I shot however I did notice that there was less powder residue from the Bullseye vs. Power Pistol. I was a little shaky today as the range was a bit chilly ( 58 degrees is chilly for me). I did manage to keep all but 5 rounds in the 10 ring. Power Pistol is a lot slower burning than the Bullseye, so you may want to remember that should you decide to use it for pistol. And I re-interate, Bullseye shoots a little cleaner. I was shooting 230 grn. Berry plated bullets. If I had my choice of powders I would still cling to W-231 or HP38 which is the same as W-231. I was shooting at 30' today. Using RugerSR1911 LW Commander. Nothing else to report.

Tommy

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Tommy, your thread title caused me to misunderstand your plan (or was misunderstanding your plan?). Thought you were going to open a debate on the saying "Placement is everything", which I always restate as "Hitting is way better than missing".

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Bob,
    Sorry for the confusion. I forgot to fill in Power pistol powder on my header. Sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my brain (usually always does).

Tommy