Ruger Talk Forums banner

Powder scale service

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  phideaux 
#1 ·
As I had previously mentioned I have been depriming and resizing my .45 cal brass with my Dillon Square D. It has been giving me primer problems and I have been up there 3 times and now I am pissed and bone headed enough not to go back up there for a while. I don't want to say something that I regret as you can never take it back. I will go back but I have learned not to let emotion take control of my feelings.

Good news is my MTM digital scale went bad on me and would not calibrate. If you have read my last couple of threads, I brought this subject to discuss. I called the manufacturer and we tried to calibrate it over the phone with no success. I talked to a young lady named Kathy and she was very courterous and said they would get another out right away. This was on Thursday of last week. I gave her the model #DS750 and she said they would get another one out right away. Monday morning I opened my mail box and there was a new scale. Talk about good service! I have had this scale for 2 1/2 yrs. and changed batteries once. I bought it at Bass Pro (not my favorite spot) and paid $49.95. They did not ask me where I purchased it, when I got it, nor my cost. NO questions, just good service. I just wanted to pass this along to anyone who may become in need of another scale and my luck with it.

Tommy

See less See more
#2 ·
I use a MTM digital also,
as a backup, . Its old... maybe it will break someday and I can get a new one...

Ill just tell them that my friend Tommy got a new one, and I want one too.

:D
Jim

#3 ·
I forgot to mention, this scale is good for range rounds, plinking or generalized shooting. I would not use it for accurate target shooting. It will differ sometimes .002 grains so if you shooting bullseye or competition, use your trickler and scale to get the most accurate rounds. Same goes for loading any max loads. I only use it for range rounds.

Tommy

#7 ·
Aha - a challenge! Betcha I am more decrepit than you.
Okay for you Bob, just okay for you! Now you started a war and I can see that one of us is going to stand taller for all the leg yanking that might go on. I would list all my defects but it would fill the entire forum and I still wouldn't have everything listed. And there's one more thing------wait, you gotta wait for it****************** dang, now I forgot!!!!!:mad:

But you just wait Bob!

Tommy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.